Forum

Great News for UGA

16 years 10 months ago #4462 by Buc
Great News for UGA was created by Buc
June 1, 2007
Pugh commits to Georgia

Chad Simmons
UGASports.com

The University of Georgia picked up their second commitment of the week Friday afternoon when Charlotte (N.C.) defensive back Makiri Pugh chose the Dawgs over Clemson, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech and others. Pugh announced minutes ago at a press conference that Georgia is the best place for him. Pugh is commitment #11 for UGA and the Bulldogs continue to roll.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 10 months ago #4464 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Great News for UGA
That's awesome. Man, this kids got some brains.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 10 months ago #4465 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re:Great News for UGA
wlayton wrote:

That's awesome. Man, this kids got some brains.

We have to be careful wlayton, don't want to piss those BEES off. All of us know that THEY wanted this guy. Guess their comments in the AJC blogs will be a lot of fun to peruse. 1580 SAT going to UGA, what the hell is going on . . . . .Go Dawgs! B)

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 10 months ago #4466 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Great News for UGA
I dunno Buc but I like what I'm seeing. Thanks for that update and article. This forum is on top of everything.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 10 months ago #4476 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:Great News for UGA
Cool, another Independence High standout at UGA! Love that western North Carolina football!!

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
16 years 10 months ago #4490 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Great News for UGA
Actually, sadlerdawg, we're more central NC. The Piedmont!

I agree, though, the recruiting scandal at Independence notwithstanding, they HAVE won 9 straight state championships and haven't lost a game in that span of time. Joe Cox, Chris Leak, Mohammed Massaquoi...only one of those three didn't go to Georgia, and I like how we're able to recruit out of Charlotte. Hurt like hell that Leak went to Florida, and hurt even more that I had to root against him. C.J. goes to Tennessee, and I have to root against him, too (not that he ended up being anywhere near as good as his brother).

I did not go to Independence. I went to a school where the academics were great. The JV team could beat the Varsity team, but the academics were far better than what Independence had at the time. IHS has caught up a bit since then, though. And my school's football team actually made it to the semifinals last year before losing to -- you guessed it -- Independence.

Anyway, more Patriots means better Dawgs in '08. GO DAWGS!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds