Forum

Munsonic Archive

16 years 11 months ago #4399 by swamphox
Munsonic Archive was created by swamphox
I've got a project I want to work on...
the dawgs are on xm...and possibly sirius next season

my aim is to rip and archive munson's stuff....anyone got an xm or sirius subscription?
my dad has sirius but thats dependent on the merger as to whether or not theyd be on there

secondly, whats some good stuff to look at for ripping?

if worst comes to worst I can send a cable from the reeiver to my computer and fire up audacity and have it record the \"line in\" as if it were microphone audio (thats a handy tip for ripping perfect CD's btw)

thirdly, XM receivers...are there any home models that have a timer feature on them?
I'd like to get pregame and some post game stuff too, and since i plan on partying at a tailgate somehow a timer function would be most impressive

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• swamphox
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 11 months ago #4400 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Munsonic Archive
Some alternatives:

www.larrymunson.com archives Larry's \"best calls\" from each game and posts them by the following Saturday in .mp3 format.

Gxtra (at georgiadogs.com) has audio archives of every Georgia game for subscribers, and if you have ripping technology you can record from that streaming audio archive. Plus you can listen to them live. $6.95 a month for audio only or $79.95 a year for audio and video is undoubtedly way better than whatever the satellite subscription would be.

I also have a great playlist of Munson calls that (if Steve allows it) I can post on this site. If not, i may simply upload it to a new page on my site and just link to it.

I don't mean to be a commercial for GXtra and larrymunson.com...just trying to offer alternatives and maybe save you money. :cheer:

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
16 years 11 months ago #4401 by swamphox
Replied by swamphox on topic Re:Munsonic Archive
do u know if gxtra has a monthly rate for audio and video?

there are ways to help yourself to about anystream using vlc and lyfox

alot of places using mms instead of http to locate their streams....still easy enuf to find out

I know about munson's site....ive got plenty from there
i just want whole games and especially pregame...pregame with munson is always interesting

• swamphox
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 11 months ago #4402 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Munsonic Archive
GXtra has a monthly rate for audio only, but for video as well, you have to purchase an annual package.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
16 years 11 months ago #4404 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Re:Munsonic Archive
I will be putting the list of Munson's great calls back up with the Redcoat band stuff soon.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

16 years 11 months ago #4405 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Munsonic Archive
Hey Steve, unrelated question. Will there be anything going on in Athens/UGA from the middle of July to the end of the month? Camps, any sports, some players practicing on their own, like Stafford and the receivers etc. I'm coming back that way from my 2 week vacation and am trying to convince my wife that Athens would be a great place to stop for a few days and let my 8 year old twins boys soak up some DAWG culture, maybe meet some players etc etc.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.026 seconds