Forum

G-Day

17 years 3 weeks ago #3991 by oledawg
G-Day was created by oledawg
Besides nearly freezing my Dawg backside off I was very pleased with the team compared to last years G-Day game. Glad Sean Bailey is back and Moreno looks like he may have skills. Need some DL and LB work but over all I think the SEC will have to deal with the BIG DAWG next year. kinda like Bobo said about last year, if they are gonna get us, 06 is the year, cause after that, look out. Injuries are the key as every year. We'll just have to bark and keep our fingers crossed.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• oledawg
  • oledawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
17 years 3 weeks ago #3993 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:G-Day
Hey oledawg, where you been? One great thing about the coming years that we really haven't had in the past......depth. Sure, you are right in that injuries play a huge part but at least we have the luxury of plenty of depth, really helps. (with maybe the exception of OL and LBs)

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #4002 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:G-Day
All this talk about the coming '07 and '08 seasons is really getting me ready to post my predictions for the 2007 college football season. Not yet, not yet, it's still early....

One thing I did predict, and will tell you here, is an agreement with the above two posts: the SEC must contend with the Big Dawg this year, barring injuries. Here is my prediction, although it flies in the face of the \"SEC beats up on itself\" chest-thumper: The winner of the Georgia-Florida game has a chance into the SEC Championship game undefeated. Same goes for the winner of LSU-Auburn. Do you see what this means? The winner of the SEC Championship game WILL finish the season undefeated and play for the national championship. I've looked at the schedules. The only thing that stands in the way is the ORITDS (in Athens this year, thank God) and the Florida-LSU game. I'm predicting a Georgia-LSU championship game for ALL THE MARBLES. Not in '08, but THIS VERY YEAR, fellow Dawgs.

The 2004 season, by the way, is why I want to go back to the old system of having about a thousand polls which each determine their own national champion. I guarantee you that Auburn would have won a few of those in '04. We would have won a couple in '02. Utah would have won at least one in '04; same goes for Boise State last year. And it gives SEC teams a shot in case we go undefeated in the same year that USC and OU do and get relegated to the Sugar Bowl against Rutgers or something.

Predictions in May, unless I get requests for them earlier...

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #4006 by wlayton
Boy, dapolla, I sure hope you are right. I too believe we are loaded. Just need the OL and LBs to mature quickly and play well. For not wanting to predict anything \"yet, not yet\", you made some pretty good predictions and I'm with ya on all of them. The great thing is that we will be even BETTER in '08. Great time to be a Dawg going forward.

BTW, I must be a dummy but what is ORITDS? My brain is just too tired to think today.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #4010 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:G-Day
ORITDS = Oldest Rivalry in the Deep South

Maybe it should be DSOR? Deep South's Oldest Rivalry?

I dunno...I just get tired of typing it sometimes.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #4011 by wlayton
You young guys need to keep me up on the lingo anyway.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds