Forum

I'm sorry, but SEC loyalty is out the window...

17 years 1 month ago #3942 by UGAChemDawg
I cannot, in good conscience, pull for the Florida Gators tonight, SEC or not.

GO BUCKEYES!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 1 month ago #3943 by wlayton
TOTALLY AGREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't in any conscience

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 1 month ago #3944 by UGAChemDawg
Replied by UGAChemDawg on topic Re:I'm sorry, but SEC loyalty is out the window...
If they were playing a power team from another conference like UNC or Duke, I would hold my nose and root for them, like I did last year against UCLA. However, OSU is, like Florida, another football school who has happened to have success in basketball recently, but I don't think it will be permanent. So, there is really nothing on the line in this game as far as the SEC as a whole is concerned. The Big 10 is not a basketball conference, so beating them really doesn't prove anything. Not like the ACC or the Big East. The effect of tonight's game on the league's reputation as a whole will be negligible.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 1 month ago #3945 by wlayton
Unfortunately I don't think OSU has a chance against UF. Too much firepower, balance and experience. SEC or not, I want UF to lose and lose big, just don't think it will happen.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 1 month ago #3946 by dapolla
It sickened me to pull for either team last night, but I had to pull against the Gators. And then they won. What's French for \"stomach\" and \"knots\"? Oh, and \"vomit\"?

Well, but it couldn't have happened on a better day. Opening Day, and the Braves beat the Phillies with (gasp!) their bullpen! I love baseball. And best of all, there isn't a Florida team with a shot!

Then again, Florida State's college ball team is ranked #2...

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
17 years 1 month ago #3947 by wlayton
FSU's ok with me. They seem to be a class bunch.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds