Forum

recruits

17 years 3 months ago #3155 by dawgystyle
recruits was created by dawgystyle
what kind of recruiting class is UGA having this year? I havent had time to really keep up with it!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dawgystyle
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 3 months ago #3159 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: recruits
VERY good class, presently ranked #3 in the country.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 3 months ago #3183 by dawgs511
Replied by dawgs511 on topic Re: recruits

VERY good class, presently ranked #3 in the country.

by who? scout has us like, 11th

• dawgs511
  • Visitor
17 years 3 months ago #3191 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: recruits
oops, there I go relying on my memory again. Rivals had us at #3 about a month ago but have us at #9 now, sorry.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 3 months ago #3192 by dawgystyle
Replied by dawgystyle on topic Re: recruits
I read up on UGAs recruiting today, it looks very promising. It appears that we are getting some goo o-line recruits from junior colleges. I can't wait till next year I believe UGA will be hard to deal with next year. Its great because alot of SEC apear to be on a down ward slop and UGA is goin back to the top!!

• dawgystyle
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 3 months ago #3197 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Re: recruits
has begun to slip somewhat. Initially, we had a top 5 class, due largely to the early, high profile commitments. However, as the year ended and other schools pulled in more specialized athletes (WR, QB, RB), our ranking began to fall.

First and foremost, CMR isn't fishing for a class of 5 star specialized players. Our needs are fundementally in the OL and DL. Unfortunately, your ranking won't carry a sexy top 5 or even top 10 ranking when to pull in a pile of "big uglies"! I suspect we will add one or two more high profile recruits (Heyward, Bailey, Chavis) and round out the year in the top 10, or perhaps just outside. Nonetheless, CMR went after who and what we needed most. We are loaded with talent in the skills positions, although I'd really love to see him snag a few more WR's. Likewise, CMR has already begun work on the 08 class, which is shaping up nicely!

Bottom line, don't get lulled into the numbers game. Like preseason prognastication, it likely will lead you toward a steaming pile of adult male bovine excrement. CMR has done more with less than many of his peers. Remember players like Greene and Pollack? Neither were ranked higher than 3 stars and we all saw what they did 'tween the hedges'!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds