Forum

Buena Suerte, Neil

17 years 4 months ago #2776 by dapolla
Buena Suerte, Neil was created by dapolla
It's official: Neil Callaway is now the head coach at UAB. Go Blazers, and good luck for the next five years, Neil!

That said...who do you think will be our next OC? Please Lord not Jeff Bowden....

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 4 months ago #2777 by sicemdawgs
Replied by sicemdawgs on topic Re: Buena Suerte, Neil
interesting article in big ten obesssed sports illustrated about the UAB job. apparentley that lsu guy jimbo fischer was all set to get hired down their but the board of whatever killed the deal because of "financial responsibilty" the board is also in charge of the crimson tide train wreck which offered something like 2 million dollars a year to the wvu hillbilly coach. One of the guys on the board is Paul Bryant Jr. And this guy wouldnt want any valuable recruits spurning bama for uab. kind of suspicous. However, Neil Will still be a very good coach and i just hope we can find a good replacement here in athens

GO DAWGS!!!!!

More
17 years 4 months ago #2783 by nwgdawg
Replied by nwgdawg on topic Re: Buena Suerte, Neil
I am Thinking it will be Mike Bobo.

• nwgdawg
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago #2791 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Buena Suerte, Neil
Yes, I agree, Bobo would be a natural as OC. Mark has him calling plays now anyway and they would be great working together as a tandem.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 4 months ago #2793 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: Buena Suerte, Neil
My first thought was Bobo as well. Then I went to georgiadogs.com and read CMR's reaction to the UAB hiring, which had him using the phrase "We're looking forward to bringing in someone very talented in that position." or something to that effect. But he did use the words "bringing in," suggesting they'll go after someone outside the UGA family.

Bobo's not entirely out of the question, however. I just hope games under him don't all look like the Tech game, which while a great win tied my stomach in huge knots.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 4 months ago #2794 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Buena Suerte, Neil
I still think Bobo will be the next OC but the other job (from Calloway leaving) that will be interesting to fill will be the OL coach, who is going to have a huge job next year. I think the candidates will be, Art Kehoe (Ole Miss, formerly Miami), Hugh Nall (UGA alum now at Auburn) and probably Jimmy Heggins (Kentucky, used to be at FSU with Richt). NC was a decent OL coach but could get a better one with any of these.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds