Forum

Bills Fire Entire Staff

14 years 2 months ago #26714 by TopDiggidyDawg
Bills Fire Entire Staff was created by TopDiggidyDawg
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Bills cleared the way for their next head coach, informing their entire coaching staff to start looking elsewhere for jobs.

Interim head coach Perry Fewell was among those relieved of his duties on Monday, though the Bills said he is still a candidate and will be interviewed. Fewell is on a growing list of candidates likely to include former NFL head coaches Brian Billick, Marty Schottenheimer -- who hasn't entirely ruled out the possibility of returning to coaching -- and Bill Cowher.

sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4794978

I guess that means Bob Sanders is out there waiting for a job now? What are your opinions?

How 'Bout Dem SEC Champion Dawgs!?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• TopDiggidyDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
14 years 2 months ago #26715 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re:Bills Fire Entire Staff
TDD, I am in wlayton's camp. He has said multiple times over a long period of time that he is pulling for NFL experience.

One of the things that is attractive to these young guys coming out of college early is having a coach that has NFL experience. Monte Kiffin will be a strong pull for UT, meaning they will get a lot of good football players because of Monte's time in the league.

While Saban did not have a good experience in Miami, the fact that he was there did not hurt his recruiting efforts either.

Coach Richt had his time in the NFL, while he was not a starter, he was on the 53 man roster. He was privy to everything that John Elway was. One reason for Coach Richt's success is his time in the league. UGA's offense is pro type, another reason for many of the Bulldogs going to the NFL.

We really need that same type of experience on the defensive side of the ball. Coach Sanders, fine with me. Coach Grantham, fine with me. These coaches understand the value of film study, that is how it is done in the NFL. Both of the coaches mentioned above have coached defense with some of the elite players and defenses in the NFL. LET'S GET ONE . . . . :woohoo:

More
14 years 2 months ago #26716 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Bills Fire Entire Staff
CMR spoke with Bob Sanders a few weeks ago and they know each other pretty well through FCA. He has been a candidate from the get go. We'll see, Todd Grantham of the Dallas Cowboys is in the picture too. Still like the NFL hiring idea especially for the defensive side of the ball. Just my opinion though.

PVBDAWG

More
14 years 2 months ago #26723 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:Bills Fire Entire Staff
Well, at least since Sanders is unemployed, the hint of our interest won't just get him a big raise like every other coach we've been rumored to show interest in. :unsure:

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds