Forum

Hey, NC Dawg.......

17 years 4 months ago #2309 by UnderDog37
Hey, NC Dawg....... was created by UnderDog37
I know how much you enjoy looking at other schools' message boards to see what the fallout was like after a devestating loss, so tell me.....what was it like on the GT message board after the game Saturday night?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UnderDog37
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago #2335 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Re: Hey, NC Dawg.......
Guess that would best describe to mood and content. Of course, very little mention was made regarding our win, rather the context was mostly centered on what Reggie did to lose! There was ample agnst over the fumble recovery turned Taylor TD, with supported YouTube video evidence..."the play was dead", "the linesman signaled 4th down", "Taylor should not have been allowed to advance"...It was and still is an opportunity for some comic relief! I've found it best to lurk on opponent boards, especially those from Yeck! The mods are trigger happy and quick to nuke any "outsiders" thread that they deem insensitive!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
17 years 4 months ago #2339 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Hey, NC Dawg.......
I guess that Taylor fumble recovery makes up for what the refs did for us in 1998 when Hamilton fumbled, and in 1999 when Sanks DIDN'T fumble. Ball didnt really lose the game for them. He just didnt play well, as is the case when he plays against us. There were lots of reasons Tech lost. Ball was just one of them. Seems like it's sour grapes for them to not let us bark a little on their boards.....they sure like to jump on ours and make noise.....

• UnderDog37
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago #2344 by NC_Dawg
the trigger happy mod response is truely indicative of whose the red headed step child in this rather one sided rivalry. I visit many boards, both dawg and opponent. While I'm certain that my opinion carries a degree of bias, I believe that most of our sites tolerate visitors much better than elsewhere. Again, it helps when you are the winning team!!!

Likewise, I'm certain that in years to come, discussions will be held regarding a "so-called" ref engineered payback for 98 and 99. The only difference is those were absolutely blown calls, while the Taylor recovery and TD wasn't. Fortunately, this year and this call had a formal review. And as might Joe said before the game, had we had replay in 99, the outcome would have been different!

More
17 years 4 months ago #2347 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Hey, NC Dawg.......
Evidently the ball was still live, and not in anyone's possession at the time that Taylor got it out from the pile-up. At least that was what the ref who explained the call sed. Lundquist and Danielson also immediately stated that the play was legal, and that it was a TD for Georgia. What kind of evidence was on You Tube?

• UnderDog37
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago #2349 by NC_Dawg
captioned the word evidence, as that it was a tongue-n-cheek slap at the NATS! There is no evidence, just a bunch of grapes turning sour!!

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds