Forum

The One I Want

17 years 5 months ago #2084 by dapolla
The One I Want was created by dapolla
All year long, THIS has been the game I wanted. Auburn was sweet sweet icing, now let's get the cake! I remember both this year and last year pre-season people saying that Tech would finally beat us this year and since 2002 it's been getting harder and harder (52-7, 34-17, 19-13, 14-7). I was at that 19-13 game and let me tell you...after being down to SCarolina 16-0 at halftime that year and coming back to win, Tech's comeback in the second half scared me to death. "Uh oh," I thought, "here comes Karma." Not to mention the fact that it turned bitter-mean cold and my pinky toes were numb on both feet. "Uh oh," I thought, "I'm going to lose a toe while I watch Tech beat us."

I'm going to own up: I didn't think we'd beat Carolina, Tennessee, Florida or Auburn coming into this year. The two wins out of those four have been the most satisfying of the year for me -- also that 34-0 shutout over UAB after they scared us in '03 -- but no matter how pessimistic I allowed myself to get, I just couldn't envision a scenario where we lost to Tech. "Eight and four," I kept telling myself, "eight and four."

Tech still scares me. Richt has never lost to them, and while that should comfort me, like a baseball announcer I keep thinking Tech is due. Ball is playing out of his mind this year, which was kind of like Jason Campbell in 2004; a complete idiot every other year he started, magical brilliant year in 2004. I suppose it is about time Reggie got a handle on some semblance of an offensive system; he is what, a sixth-year senior?

You know, we can lose the bowl game for all I care. We can go eight and five as long as one of those eight is against the Jackets. At least we'd be ACC champs.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #2085 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: The One I Want
While we are wishing, I want to win BOTH. 9-4 doesn't sound too bad.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 5 months ago #2086 by wlayton
While we are wishing, I want to win BOTH. 9-4 doesn't sound too bad.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 5 months ago #2088 by dawgs511
Replied by dawgs511 on topic Re: The One I Want
ahh, yes. the ol' 19-13 game. i too nearly froze my fingers off. i couldnt feel them even when i put them in hot chocalate. that rain didnt help either. haha. we HAVE to beat tech, i want a BCS bowl!

• dawgs511
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #2089 by wlayton
Geez, why did my previous dupe?

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 5 months ago #2091 by dawgs511
Replied by dawgs511 on topic Re: The One I Want

Geez, why did my previous dupe?