Forum

Blake Barnes/Logan Grey

17 years 5 months ago #1996 by dawgs511
Blake Barnes/Logan Grey was created by dawgs511
What do yall think? With him playing behind Stafford and Cox, what do yall think the chances of him transfering are? Also, does anyone know much about Logan Grey, the HS QB we recruited?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dawgs511
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #1997 by UGAChemDawg
Replied by UGAChemDawg on topic Re: Blake Barnes/Logan Grey
Honestly, I think Cox should transfer. With some development, he is good enough to be a starter in D-IA somewhere, and playing backup to Stafford will squander his talent. Barnes should be the backup next year, and then we can stagger them so the backup ends up becoming the starter after the starter leaves like Shockley did for Green.

More
17 years 5 months ago #1998 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Blake Barnes/Logan Grey
Let Cox transfer, if that's what he wants to do. Sitting out for a year is always good for people that want to leave.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #2000 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Blake Barnes/Logan Grey
The perfect scenario to me would be to have Cox as a great backup because Barnes has had a lot of trouble grasping the system. But it certainly wouldn't surprise me if Cox transferred because he probably could start somewhere. He would be a tremendous asset as Stafford's backup but if he's as competitive as I've heard, that won't be good enough. I also heard that Cox has said that he understands why Stafford is the man because even Cox has gone on record as stating that Stafford is a tremendous talent and at this point, should be the starter. I also heard that Grey is a tall (6'6", don't hold me to that #) very athletic and wants to redshirt his 1st year. Very good QB I've been told.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 5 months ago #2001 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Blake Barnes/Logan Grey
it would be perfect for Grey to redshirt. A year of learning, a year as Stafford's back-up, and then maybe starting as a red-shirt soph. That would give us 2 or 3 years, assuming he wouldn't go to the NFL, of QB stability. CMR, of course, is famous for his ability to groom QBs.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #2002 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Re: Blake Barnes/Logan Grey
I won't be in the least bit surprised if JC transferred. IMHO, I think he got overlooked in the rush to promote MS. Don't get me wrong, I think MS is a fine athlete, I'm just not convinced that JC was given the same amount of "forgiveness" that was given elsewhere. Likewise, it is my hope that MS will continue to develop and build upon his losses, so that we see more of what we saw last Saturday.

Barnes missed the transfer boat, it sailed before this season. Sure he could still transfer, but not to another Div 1 team and it would be doubtful that he would see any appreciable PT. I believe we will see Barnes remain, as is, in a back-up roll, to be eclipsed by LG.

LG is very much like MS...see the links below. I expect he will redshirt next year, be promoted behind MS the following year and depending on MS and his desire to take it to a higher level of play, perhaps ascend to the #1 spot his sophomore year. FWIW, I do not expect MS to play out his eligibility at UGA!!!!

Don't be surprised to see CMR go after another talented QB for the 2008 class! I can remember back when CMR landed JC and how many thought it was a perfect fit, only to see him pull down MS the following year.

If this year has taught ANYTHING, I hope CMR never staggers QB's or RB's ever again! Sorry but that dawg don't hunt. We were the exception to the rule with DG and DJ and I'm of the belief that CMR staggered those two to keep DJ at home!...Lord I remember the 80's when Dooley staggered Jackson and Johnson...what a friggin' nightmare that was!!!!

Mash Here: sunshinepreps.net/viewer/index.php?op=sh...mp;video=2007486.wmv

And Here: georgia.scout.com/2/547764.html

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds