Forum

Why are there so many UGA fans in Jacksonville?

17 years 6 months ago #1520 by UGAChemDawg
Is it just me, or does it seem like there are alot more Georgia fans in Jacksonville than there are Florida fans?

I'm not talking about Georgians coming down for the game, I'm talking about the native population.

When I went to the game, it seemed like in every store I went to, the workers were all Dawg fans. Lots of people with Duval county and other Florida license plates were also sporting UGA logos on their cars. The only time I saw lots of Florida fans was at the game itself and the downtown area like the Landing, etc on game day.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 6 months ago #1521 by wlayton
We have the largest Bulldog Club in the country. Huge following here in Jax.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 6 months ago #1523 by UGAChemDawg
Replied by UGAChemDawg on topic Re: Why are there so many UGA fans in Jacksonville?
Wow. Bigger than the ATL even?

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 6 months ago #1524 by kentdaddy
Really it is just good taste. I mean who would actually wear blue and orange on purpose unless they are color blind.

I remember back in the day before the arrival of Spurrier and the Dawgs beat UF regularly, this whole area was heavily into UGA because UF used to be like UCF is now. Before Spurrier, UF never won a single SEC title (mid 80's win that was voided does not count because of probation). Back then most people supported UGA. After SOS had some success the bad wagon started filling up.

I think it is just good commons sense for people to support UGA. Red and Black look great together and we have Munson! All you get from being a UF fan is a GED, a mullet and a single wide somewhere west of Green Cove. :D

More
17 years 6 months ago #1558 by wlayton
Yes, I was told even bigger than ATL. Love your last paragraph kentdaddy.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 6 months ago #1568 by kentdaddy
wlayton,
I need to join the club. Do you have any info or a point of contact. A gentleman game in to work a few months back and gave me info but I have misplaced it.

Sometimes I type things just to crack myself up and teasing gator fans brings me particular joy. The down side is they usually do not know they are being made fun of so it is like picking on the slow kid. But it is fun with stereotypes.

More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds