Forum

Injuries

16 years 6 months ago #7970 by MileHiG8R
Injuries was created by MileHiG8R
Greetings! Hope you guys don't mind a '98 Florida alum living in Denver, CO (Go Rockies!) putting in his 2 cents.

So a new twist is added in this year's cocktail party...the injury bug! Florida is bringing the walking wounded to Jax this year. Along with Tebow, starting Safety Major Wright has a broken thumb, starting CB Wondy Pierre-Louis has an arm injury, WR Riley Cooper has a broken finger, and starting Tackle Carlton Medder has a heel issue. With the exception of Medder, all are listed as probable. Wright will have a cast on his hand, which will make it difficult to pick off one of those famous Stafford errant passes (heh heh). Amzingly, all these injuries occured in the Kentucky game.

On the other side of the ball, I just read that Thomas Brown will not suit up for the Dawgs. Any other injuries to report?

I think this will be a better than expected matchup. Florida looks to be the more talented team, but as we know, the most talented team doesn't always win in this series (Zook, <cough>). Tebow will continue to run the ball. He was quoted as saying \"if they go for my shoulder, they won't be hitting me straight up, which is another opportunity to break a tackle.\" Now that's what I want to hear from our QB!

Florida's defense continues to give up big yards, and if the offense has an off day, it could spill disaster for the Gators. Too much is on the line, and I think we will be focused.

Ultimately...

Florida 30
Georgia 23

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MileHiG8R
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 6 months ago #7972 by flyindawg
Replied by flyindawg on topic Re:Injuries
Welcome. We'll see though. As long as I don't hear \" but we were hurt this year \" when we win. Everything will be okay. The last few years the rolls have been reversed. We had the better teams and the injuries just could not pull it off. This year, well. I'll just say we'll see. It's safer that way.

More
16 years 6 months ago #7978 by DawgSpeare
Replied by DawgSpeare on topic Re:Injuries
What I have read thus far about the health of the Dawgs has been positive. Brown being out is definitely not good, but a big plus for us will be the return of LB Marcus Washington. I understand Mikey Henderson will return along w/ Haverkamp and just about everyone else.

We have a couple of other very courteous and highly respected gator fans posting on this board. We wish you and all the Tebow faithful much happiness and a long life...a f t e r this weekend! No doubt you will understand if we harbor strong urges that your forthcoming weekend be, shall we say, a weekend of PAIN AND HORROR!

More
16 years 6 months ago #8020 by MileHiG8R
Replied by MileHiG8R on topic Re:Injuries
No excuses, flyindawg. If the Mighty Gators lose this weekend, it will be because we lost to a team that was coached better and executed more effectively.

With that said, this game will be won or lost in the trenches. Georgia has had some difficulties stopping the run this year. Preparing for Tebow will be a daunting task, especially when speedy Percy Harvin lines up along side of him in the backfield. Conversely, Gator fans will tell you that our defense has played well against the run (Georgia's bread and butter this year). I actually think this perspective is somewhat misleading. The fact that we do not give up many rushing yards can be attributed to the fact that opposing offenses are attacking our weak secondary through the air more often, thus limiting their carries.

If Georgia can control the clock and keep the balanced UF offense off the field, they have a real good chance of winning. If Florida comes out and overwhelms the Georgia defense with an array of mis-direction runs and Tebow keepers, this will open up the down field arial attack, which will cripple the Georgia D.

Man, it's only Wednesday....

• MileHiG8R
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 6 months ago #8026 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Injuries
MileHiG8R wrote:

Man, it's only Wednesday....

I know. I think I just puked.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
16 years 6 months ago #8032 by DawgSpeare
Replied by DawgSpeare on topic Re:Injuries
Yes dapolla, I know the feeling.
MileHiG8r summed it up very nicely. We don't need heroes--players trying to do too much individually. Just complete your assignment on every play. Make your tackling crisp and hit Tebowr low. We can beat the toothy lizzards, but not if we don't play smart and effective football.

More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds