Forum

The Thin Line Between Entertainment and Terror

16 years 6 months ago #7857 by DawgSpeare
The picture was a little blurry but I could see Tebow moving to his right, hesitate, stop and throw back against the flow. The receiver was partially covered but took the pass and skipped down the sideline for a forty yard gain. Two plays later and Tebow was churning into the end zone with 7 bulldawgs hanging on him. TV reception wasn’t completely clear, but it appeared to be the first quarter and the score was now 10 to 0.

I dunno why, but there was no kickoff. The next thing I remember seeing was Harvin taking the snap in the shotgun formation and running around right end for 25 yards. He wasn’t tackled but forced out of bounds. Tebow carried for 6 yards, Harvin for 12. A screen pass to Ingram netted 9 yards and Tebow carried again for 6 yards. Tebow fired a hard pass to another receiver for 14 yards and five bulldawgs tackled him at the six yard line. Tebow left for just enough yardage to score. Surprisingly, the score flashed on the screen was 24 to 3! What the…?

Again, I couldn’t see the kickoff. We got the ball and ran two plays for no gain. On third and ten MS funbled, and the ball was run into the end zone by one of the toothy lizzards.
Suddenly, the screen flashed that it was now the 4th quarter with 6 minutes to play. I couldn’t clearly see the score, but it was something like thirty-something to 3! My heart was sinking into the depths of despair.

Somehow, Tebow had the ball again on his own 3 yard line. He threw the jump pass to the tight end, and he rambled for 32 yards! Another jump pass gained 11 yards. Tebow ran for 6 yards; he carried again for 6 more and then completed a short pass for 6 yards.
A reverse to Harvin scored from 42 yards out!

Finally I got to see a kickoff! The gaturs used an onside kick and to my astonishment, Tebow recovered the ball at midfield. On the next play, Tebow ran a QB draw right up the middle for over forty yards, untackled, he tripped and fell at the six yard line. On first and goal, he faked to pass and rammed it in. The game ended, and the score was still not clear, but it read something like 57 or 59 to 3! I felt pretty good that we weren’t shut out. That would have been pretty embarrassing to have been shut out…whew! That was close.

“Honey, honey, wake up! You’re having a nightmare; you’re all over the bed; go back to sleep.” I said, “What, it was a dream? Oh thank goodness it was a dream. It’s not true…”
…yet…

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• DawgSpeare
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 6 months ago #7859 by wlayton
Yet??????

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 6 months ago #7866 by flyindawg
No worries, I had a similar dream. Except mine was the exact opposite.

More
16 years 6 months ago #7900 by miss_uga
It's all those morons that invaded our forum yesterday that has your head spinning, DawgSpeare. Don't you say, \"yet\", because, by God, it WON'T happen that way!!!!

Now, take a deeeeeep breath, relax (to whatever extent you can...I know it's GA/FLA week...), and start visualizing the Dawgs gnawing on that gator meat.

• miss_uga
  • Visitor
16 years 6 months ago #7903 by DawgSpeare
Replied by DawgSpeare on topic Re:The Thin Line Between Entertainment and Terror
Ahhh, that is better! ;)

• DawgSpeare
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 6 months ago #7909 by wlayton
Yeah, I feel better too..............also a little nauseated.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds