Forum

The Bright Side

16 years 7 months ago #6860 by McShea87
The Bright Side was created by McShea87
I have no problem with the offensive coaching,,,,our offensive line is just young... nothing we can do about it, they are the most important aspect of the team, however I think the defensive strategy is not the best for our players, we are not that big of a defense therefore we need to blitz and use speed to our advantage instead of just letting the linebackers watch the game. If there was an all freshman league Georgia would be national champs haha.... This team will be one of the best over the next few years but it is just too hard to have so many 1st year starters .... especially at some of the most vital positions.....After all the 1980 national championship team went 6-5 in 1979 .... our coaches know what they are doing and they knew coming into this year that it would not be a stellar season....they are still trying to find out who fits in the best positions ....As much as I hate to say it ,I truly think this Tennessee lost is what these young players needed because they are out of high school where they were used to being the best on the field and just showing up would get the job done for them because of their talent. But that is not the case anymore and nothing will be a better learning experience for them than the Tennesse game, the coaches knew a loss like that was coming sooner or later and it just happened to be on that saturday....From now on the players will not be so confident and will have more heart and they now know they will have to earn victories instead of just show up like they did on Saturday.....This is a turning point in the season, the team will be closer than ever and this is the start of a new era of players at UGA.....you will see...the team will not look like they did against Tennessee for the years to come....This years team is much like the 1979 team (6-5) no bowl game.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• McShea87
  • McShea87's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
16 years 7 months ago #6862 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:The Bright Side
You know McShea87, those are very good points and I will have to agree with you.

Good post and thanks, believe we all needed to read that to realize we probably knew just that all along.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #6865 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re:The Bright Side
Very good positive attitude!
To add to that, Last year's Gator National Championship team, was 7-5 and unranked just two years prior. So their sophmore class ended up winning the NC as seniors.
Yes, the team is young and will gel in time.

More
16 years 7 months ago #6868 by eddieh110175
Replied by eddieh110175 on topic Re:The Bright Side
I totally disagree. Of course that 79 team your talking about I dont have aclue about, I was only Four. This team has the same talent of any team the last 6 years. I think I may be a little over emotional about the loss Saturday, but there is no excuse to look like that Saturday. I tell my son that you cant put the blame all on the players, it starts at the top... I would like to see Richt call the plays for the rest of the year, Bobo is just not ready to lead this team. I sometimes think the players are more ready than the coaches, but they get steered in the wrong direction...

• eddieh110175
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago #6869 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:The Bright Side
I understand how you feel believe me. Yes we may have the same amount of TALENT that we've had the last 6 years but not the same amount of MATURITY. There' a big, big difference in 18-19 year olds versus 21-22 year olds. Not only mental maturity but huge PHYSICAL difference. With the days of Greene and Shockley we had a bunch of juniors and senior leaders on those teams. Major difference.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #6870 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:The Bright Side
Unfortunately, I thought the SC loss would bring the players down to earth and be the turning point of the season.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds