Forum

True to MY word !!!!

8 years 4 months ago #71183 by NC_Dawg
True to MY word !!!! was created by NC_Dawg
As I posted many, MANY weeks ago, I would take my leave from this forum until the season ended, or change occurred.....Looks like both!....Rumors are flying, speculation is at an all time high as evidenced from this post logged on FB last night....

Interesting spin,....I suspect we shall get a clearer picture of the movement and shaking of Mahogany Row as the week develops...This is what we DO know,....

CMR was NOT fired! If he were there'd be no mutual agreement, no talk of staying on, just a pat on the back and an exit stage right!

Recruits interviewed immediately following the breaking news were mostly tight lipped...No immediate defections, some even validated their continued commitment....Interesting still,.....

Many assistant coaches were called back, off the recruitment trail for an emergency meeting,....well after the CMR announcement,....

IMVHO, this sounds like the deployment of some well thought out plans, perhaps plans that have been in the works for weeks,....

Developing,.......

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 4 months ago #71185 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic True to MY word !!!!
Technically he wasn't fired, but I bet he didn't just decide to step down without a lot of pressure. The quote you posted said donors were withholding money. I'm sure it was a mutual decision based on the fact the program was going to go in a different direction at head coach, but due to the respect and tenure of Richt that they wanted him to stay here in some capacity if he didn't want to immediately get back into coaching, and he probably didn't want to get back into coaching. He could have known all along that when this gig was up that he wanted to do something different where he could concentrate on impacting lives. It would have been hard to keep him on in some capacity having been "fired", so it went down like it went down. When it was announced, it was originally noted that Mark Richt had stepped down, so I'm not surprised that is how it's being portrayed.

Anyway it's sort of a win-win in my opinion and saying fired versus stepped down is probably just a bit of semantics. It seems the separation of Richt from the coaching position was amicable, and a very good man will stay on with the program in some capacity, and that's wonderful. Maybe he did realize that if he was hindering the program (donors withholding etc) that maybe it was best to make a choice to step down, but again... semantics that don't matter to me.

We get a new direction and new energy for the football program, which I think was needed, and there doesn't seem to be a ton of animosity between the involved parties that could seriously divide the supporters. Win-Win

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #71190 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic True to MY word !!!!
NCD. Good points in that FB post. Not fired, just stepping down can have a lot of meanings.
1. Respect. MR is due the respect he is getting in this transition.
2. The Row still has problems.
3. A few weeks back many folks decided the program was so broke it needed a top to bottom cleaning.

I too think there is a very good chance the job rearranging is still going on. We have been riding them pretty hard from this board.

Interesting weeks ahead. "Wait till Next Year" has taken on a new meaning.

Richt news conference coming within the hour.

Welcome back NCD. I am glad your conditions were met. :)

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

8 years 4 months ago #71201 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic True to MY word !!!!
stevedawg wrote:

.....Richt news conference coming within the hour.

CMR handled that with class!....Certainly left the door open for coaching elsewhere....He may get another chance....I wish him well...DGD,...time to turn the page!

GO DAWGS!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, DawgDoc

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 4 months ago #71202 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic True to MY word !!!!
He did a lot and deserves to do what he wants to do next, be it coaching or anything else.

I hope he finds that position, and I do wish him well. Wouldn't mind seeing him stay here in some capacity if he wanted to do it.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds