Forum

On Board With Rob Sale

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68439 by Buc
On Board With Rob Sale was created by Buc
Watching some of the recruiting battles that are in full stride, takes me to this . . . .

Anytime there is a coaching change, especially a position coach, like offensive line coach, seems to be some hesitation on recruits to go "all in".

Many high school players are heavily recruited by position coaches and build close ties with them. A lot of territory is covered between player and coach and it is often a huge let down when a position coach leaves for greener pastures.

One case I can site, although there are many, Roquan Smith. He had a solid feel for the coach that was recruiting him, and then . . . .

Not all of the young men being recruited are looking at the university or its colors. They become attached to someone that works for a particular university, the friendship or the bond that "happens" are human feelings.

Takes me to this . . . . Rob Sale was/is faced with finding his way with the departure of Will Friend. Coach Friend's stock had begun to rise, comes with hard work, and Will Friend certainly worked hard. Remember his return to Charlotte to be with "his guys" in the Belk Bowl one more time.

Being a huge supporter of offensive line play and notice that more and more fans are speaking to that particular area of football. If our offensive line is successful in 2015, it can only help Rob Sale and his efforts moving forward. Do believe that Rob Sale will be an outstanding coach. He has played the parts of player and coach, understands hand in the dirt.

Guess I am on board with Rob Sale at this point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68440 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic On Board With Rob Sale
Have to remind myself just how much these young men go through to wear the Red and Black. One thing for me as a fan and supporter of the team to give advice, quite another for these players to prepare for Saturdays between the Hedges.

See a lot of changes that have been made and are being made in the training regimen in Athens.

"I" refer to the offensive line as the "skilled players", that tag alone does not belong to running backs and quarterbacks. Said many times, the play starts with the snap of the ball. Watching the tape below shadowing Rob Sale . . . . he is quick to mention the "second step", wants that foot to be in the ground quickly.

A comment from Greg Pyke about technique, echoes what Rob Sale says in the video.

But once I got here, Coach (Will) Friend stresses technique and getting the right foot steps down.”

Pulled from this site . . . .

georgia.247sports.com/Article/A-heck-of-an-athlete-30074112

So, the summer was spent with Mark Hocke and now they will continue to work with Mark Hocke along with Rob Sale. WOW! Football has changed over the years, and it certainly has changed recently in Athens. Me likes . . . .

Realize this has been posted numerous times, I go back because I appreciate the "hard work" that both coaches and players put in. Again WOW!

www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020915aaa.html

www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/040815aaa.html

August 4th we will see a lot of activity from all areas of the media. Feel good about this site and what many of the posts will point out.

Go Dawgs, Coach'em Up! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68441 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic On Board With Rob Sale
I have been on board with CRS since day one

His comment....I know what a SEC lineman looks

Like..... And he has been recruiting and teaching to that vision...a very good thing for UGA

He understands depth also.....another member of

The Bama gang....Go Dawgs....

Go Dawgs!

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68442 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic On Board With Rob Sale
Good post Buc Sale knows the players he wants and is going after them.

I'm ready for the 4th.

The better the OL the better the RB.

Go Georgia Bulldogs!!!!!

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68443 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic On Board With Rob Sale
Next year will tell all about Sale. He will not have the experience in the trenches that he has this year. His recruiting skills have shined but he will be judged on how well his "guys" protect the savior in '16. JMHO

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

More
8 years 8 months ago #68444 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic On Board With Rob Sale
Ogre. Agree next year we will see more clearly what

Our OL coach is made of. However there will be

Clues available this year. Given the opportunity to

Rotate players and build experienced depth

We have several uglies in this class he can work with

I hope Ben Cleveland heals and gets back to playing