Forum

Coaching Change Questions . . . .

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68305 by Buc
Conversation . . . .

Would anyone on this board or anyone that reads this board swap coaches with Alabama?

Would the Georgia faithful, those that really want to win a National Championship or compete in the Final Four change coaches?

Here is the pressing question in my mind.

Why would we not go along with that . . . . Saban for Richt?

Mark Richt is the Senior Coach in the SEC. What has he done to prevent anyone that thinks winning on a grander scale from going along with the swap?

This question could or should be asked . . . .

VD had one NC in his long stay, over twenty years.

Mark Richt has fell short of that . . . .

Just asking a question that some don't like to hear.

Seems every year we will get there in two years.

When you reach my age, having gone through the same “stuff” year after year, comes a time when it is impossible to post here and have the same vigor that many younger than myself are posting now. Many years ago, I also had high hopes, especially after we won the National Championship. Thought for sure that we would be on a roll. We were on a roll, but not the same roll that ROLL TIDE has produced under Nick Saban, and I choose to add, in a much shorter time.

I would love to read someones post on this board and explain to me why we cannot reach greater heights . . . . like right now. Is it truly the lack of talent? Brings me back to this . . . . Could Nick Saban as the head coach at Georgia, with the existing talent win the East Side of the SEC?

This is not meant for controversy, it is asking for real talk. This is not for a piss fight, it is asking some questions prior to entering the 2015 Football Season.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 9 months ago #68306 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Coaching Change Questions . . . .
Buc. You have a valid question however it is a

Slippery slope. It comes with no guarantee..

CNS is facing two years of treading water

Yes he got closer than CMR but why not

Urban who did more with less than CNS ??

And beat the Tide along the way..... Who else comes

In the package with Nick???? Or are you saying he

Can win with anybody for assistant coaches...what about him being able to work with the Row?

Still it would be fun to see what he could do....with the talent we have...

Classic what if question...... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68307 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Coaching Change Questions . . . .
Would not have to be Saban but maybe Briles who has done more with less over the last 5 years. His style of offense along with Pruitt's style of defense would make a hell of a combination.

Not going to happen and anyone who thinks CMR is done as HC or calls for him to go are dubbed "haters" because we are not happy with the CMR apologist status quo of 9 to 10 wins and Outback, Gator, or Belk bowl apperances.

Not going to beat this dead horse any longer. CMR is here to stay and as long as he is I will continue to "hate".

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 9 months ago #68308 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Coaching Change Questions . . . .
See where a lot of folks are reading, not posting.

Allow me this . . . . Pulled from the thread.

Could Nick Saban as the head coach at Georgia, with the existing talent win the East Side of the SEC?

Did not say win the SEC Championship. Did not say find our way to the final four. Asked only a question that would "probably" never enter into Nick Saban's mind . . . . win the East Side of the SEC.

If there are those that disagree with the above, on my "knees" give me something to hang my hat on.

Don't believe that Pruitt/Rocker and Company, or the Alabama Gang, or Alabama Company will move us past what we are faced with.

ogredawg has posted that more than once.

NC_Dawg posted yesterday, 7 -14-2015 that basically, what more could he say.

OK, here is where I am "really at" . . . . If anyone believes in the current group of folks that sit in a place where the Alabama Gang does not sit, and looking at history, will never sit . . . . give this board your feelings. I am trying really hard to do that, sometimes I have a problem listening to what I have to say.

One more thing to think about . . . . Today David Pollack said he believed that Greyson Lambert would be the quarterback before the 2015 Season is finished. This in my opinion is not on anyone's shoulders except Mark Richt's. We have had more problems at the quarterback position in the past 15 years than any other position than . . . . the offensive line.

Mark Richt is not a head coach that will take us any further than where he has taken us in the past fourteen years. Ugly, only if I am a "hater".

sadlerdawg said that eons ago. Fact.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68309 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Coaching Change Questions . . . .
Buc, in my opinion, if Saban were here as long as richt has been, he would have won 2 definite NC's ('02 and '07), 1 probable NC ('12), and one possible NC ('08), and several SEC championships. USCe would not own us like they have since the ole ball sack arrived, and the matchup with FU (as well as all the other ranked teams) would not have been as lopsided as they are with richt.

Uhhhhhhm, so if my implied answer to the question was unclear, YES, I would trade coaches with bama any day. And yes I know, it's not going to happen.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68310 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Coaching Change Questions . . . .
yankeedawg1, your post got my attention. Wish there was more of that, for what reason . . . . I want to hear what those that "care" about Georgia Football think. That is the reason for this thread. Not asking for agreement, just want to hear "stuff".

ogredawg is one that flat ass lays it out like it is. I am always "eager" to read his posts. Don't have to agree, but he wears it on his sleeve.

Was glad to see sflanagan21 return, he "views", just busy with his business and coaching football. Read some chatter between sf21 and NC_Dawg yesterday or the day before, both understand. Not on the same page throughout, but both make good points.

I hesitate to say this but . . . . Chief Growl is going through a lot, but he is as deeply rooted in UGA Football as anyone.

DWS, I don't question. We have spoke privately and on the board, I would build a fire in the swamp with him in a hearbeat.

There are others, just get off course, as usual.

I want this board to "step up" . . . . . Only board that I read having a solid foothold on what is going on.

Many on the "Big Boy Media Space" like to hear their "chirps". It is not football talk, it is "look at me".

See where "Pouty" and his new partner have changed up or shook up the AJC way of approaching football.

Easy to be a "Star" when you have a pass to sit in Butts-Mehre.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds