Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

8 years 10 months ago #68121 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

This week’s weather has been more like August than June. We welcome July on Wednesday.

It will then be a sprint to fall camp.

This week’s Blue Plate Special- WIFMv2---SLMPT---#NPFH

Several weeks ago I did a BPS on what’s in for me….recruits who commit and then de-commit. Or what’s behind door number two…

When EJ put his name back on the market another thought came to mind. Well it really started me thinking with Derrick Brown softening on us.

DB was flooded with social media calling him some pretty ugly things which had him replying that he was not afraid of competition from anyone.

These 4 & 5 star players are the darlings of their HS teams…. Hitting the SEC causes them to question where will they be in the pecking order for PT.

They understand without getting on the field chances of being a high NFL draft pick dwindle.

They pay a great deal of attention on who is on campus and who has signed LOI. This gives them the picture on who they have to compete against.

This relates to some players not all…..had NC worried about competition…….he might be wearing a different uniform.

Seems like more players transferring

Maybe because we had a transfer QB come to Georgia that it has raised my interest however it seems there has been a spike in transfers.

2015 will find 15 high profile players playing for a new D1 school.

In 2016 the number will likely increase.

True some of these transfers were done as a result of being let go for discipline and not by choice.

It would appear we now have a recruiting process for transfers……

No place for hate

Buc..thanks for addressing the hate word…. I also do not hate our HC

The topic of his abilities as a HC can be discussed without the H-word.

IMO we can also include that he is a man of faith.

Again it is a non issue to me when debating his coaching. True some would say it prevents him from having a killer instinct when it comes to putting teams away or running up the score.

I would point to Coach K who is also a strong man of faith. I can say that I have never seen were he has told his team not to play and score..starters or subs….

Play the game….. Maybe it is more of CMR thing than a faith issue…..

Just wish to thank everyone who has hung in since NSD and posted and brought thoughtful comments to the board.

It has been a good run with nobody tossing a turd in the punch bowl.

Being able to disagree without being disagreeable…..makes this place special…….. Fact…..

Now on to the real Dawg Days of summer…hang in…way less time to go than when we started this march…..

Pause and give thanks…..LIG

Have a great weekend and a safe week

FYI.. Heads up full contact tailgating practice has been called for July 4th

As always “Go Dawgs” !!!

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 10 months ago #68122 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
yankeedawg thanks for the post.

The QB was picked last year for this year.

Richt is Richt an will not change.

CJP I'm excited to see what happens.

Me and my Dads thing was Georgia football just not the same right now but getting better have to carry own the tradition A Dawg till the end!!!!!

Enjoy the weekend fellow Dawgs and friends

Sadler we got to a 103 this week melted the tires hope all is well.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1, growl

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 10 months ago #68123 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
DWS, the hotter the better IMO. I'm wanting to go to the Rally in the Valley in a month and a half. Big bike rally in Maggie Valley, NC, about an hour from where I live.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
8 years 10 months ago #68124 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
yd1, all of your Friday posts are excellent, but this one is near the top. GREAT JOB!

It's tough during the off season. This time of year I start getting a little dizzy from the lack of D1 football - kind of like lack of oxygen, it eventually gets to you.

I like your comments about "man of faith". Apparently most D1 college football coaches are "men of faith", from what I've read. That includes Nick Saban.

And here is a blurb from an article about Urban Meyer:

"Meyer said on Wednesday that his faith was strengthened by his contact with Tim Tebow, whom he coached to two national championships at the University of Florida.
“I’ve always been a believer,” Meyer said.
But his faith has gotten stronger in the past few years and was “impacted greatly” by Tebow, the Denver Broncos quarterback who has inspired both praise and scorn for his public, vocal Christian faith."

And then this about Les Miles:

"Miles was adamant he was a strong Christian and has been for some time. He also proclaimed being a national championship winning coach was never his ultimate goal….being a great father and husband was."

So it's pretty clear that "man of faith" does not mean one can't win in college football. And now for my point:

Being a "man of faith" myself, let's be clear about this. I want to WIN. I want CHAMPIONSHIPS. 2005 is too long ago. Getting close isn't good enough. CMR is certainly a man of faith. But so are Saban and Meyer and Miles, and publicly so. That doesn't stop them from putting a boot on their victims opponents neck and twisting the knife. That's what I want this year. Yes. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc, Buc, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl, Dawg With Style

More
8 years 10 months ago #68125 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Excellent job thriller...... Being a person of strong faith does not mean you can't enjoy winning and

Defeating an opponent with great gusto.........Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 10 months ago #68126 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Reminds me of a man that openly reminded any who would listen to his admission of faith . . . .

Not a supporter of the words hate, or haters.

thriller you said above . . . . Being a "man of faith" myself, let's be clear about this. I want to WIN. I want CHAMPIONSHIPS. 2005 is too long ago. Getting close isn't good enough. CMR is certainly a man of faith. But so are Saban and Meyer and Miles, and publicly so. That doesn't stop them from putting a boot on their victims opponents neck and twisting the knife. That's what I want this year. Yes.

Quite frankly, I believe that most of our fan base has been "faithful" long enough with some that cannot see the game or play the game as is demonstrated in the video below.

The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds