Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

9 years 4 weeks ago #67093 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughs was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Pollen is on the rise in the Classic City. Folks will soon start enjoying their daily dose of Claradin.

This week’s Blue Plate Special: IS-IN ----C-NC --- NSD2016

Is so – Is not…..Is so – Is not…..

CMB was a good SEC.. “OC”….. Is not

CMB was a good SEC… “OC”….Is so…

We have played this ping pong game forever it seems. Like most things. Posted here it is a matter of opinion.

CMB a few short years ago was a season away from being history.

The next year he found his way and the ppg numbers started to rise.

It didn’t hurt AM also had grown into a quality QB

I wish him well at CSU and thank him for his time here in Athens. He also proved to be a more than respectable recruiter. DGD….. Is so…

Is so- Is not….. V.2

With just his NFL history go by how does anyone make anything but a WAG as to what our new OC will do in his first season coaching college ball?

I have posted before how 2 current SEC – HC’s have several Natty’s on their resumes and were busts as coaches in the NFL.

Neither lasted as long as CBS in the NFL - hmmmmmm .

It has been pointed out had CNS hired him it would have been nothing short of brilliant.

Look at the rave reviews when he hired his current OC. Lame was a flaming failure both in the NFL and college.

He also had a daddy who coached in the NFL.

Going to be fun to watch them both and see who proves the better hire down the road.

Yes I know Towel came from the NFL….. And as far as I know CBS does not chew gum during a press conference and is not an arrogant know it all.

That puts him ahead of our former DC as a quality person.

Change….. No Change….

This is another conversation that takes place each spring and is talked about at length during the season.

Watch any video of our new S &C or CJP/CTR and any number of player interviews and you will see change at work.

Problem thus far to date there has not been enough change to get us over the hump.

Do I think it is possible that all the widgets will work and the talent and coaching mesh and get us back to Atlanta in December?

Yes…and why… watch the BB again.. yes you can say it was against a weak team and was not the same caliber of a Bama.. True enough.

Coaches..players and most of all HC ..all… same page… foot on the pedal for the entire game… Nerds maybe the last team to kick sand in our face for awhile..jmho….

NSD..2016

Insane… not one but two…5 .Star… DT’s from the state of Georgia are feeling the love for their home school..

CTR …..name came up as being the best DL coach for them to reach the next level…

Way early but more interest in the Dawgs by top tier talent in recent memory.

Coaches working hard….getting the skill players to build depth..and…

Who will develop leadership skills…. A very good thing…

Our recruiting has steadily improved we have reached a high level of respectably. Not impossible to have the top class in 2016….. Other
schools are feeling UGA breathing on their necks……. Love it !!!!!

Growl—Duck …… think about you both daily… T & P’s your way…

More hoops!!!!!! To enjoy……

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week….

As always “Go Dawgs”!!!

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, DAWGtm, growl, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #67094 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Yankeedawg thanks for the thread Herschel Walker has been own campus this week wish they would make him a coach or something anyway.

Video of Herschel talking about Chubb:

georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/VIDEO-Hersche...-Nick-Chubb-36422942

Enjoy the weekend Sadler last of the cold weather here hope warm weather is headed your way.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #67095 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Here's why they won't hire Herschel Walker to coach:

Herschel to one of the running backs, "See that linebacker over there? Put your foot on his chest, because the shortest distance between two points is a straight line."

And thus all of his wisdom is quickly imparted.

(DWS - you KNOW I'm just joking around. :lol: :lol: :lol: )
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #67096 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Herschel just needs to be there and talk football. Spread a little love. Then go back to the stands and watch the game. The pups have to do it on their own.

I remember those days. That boy could play ball and the fans were riding along with him. Good times. Thanks Herschel.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

9 years 4 weeks ago #67103 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Amen! I came to UGA in '80 and it was a great ride. Really appreciate Herschel as a Dawg and as a man.

The only year that was better was (having moved to Texas) watching Lastinger run it in to beat the 'horns after hearing about UT being national champ after taking care of those UGA pests!. Subsequently heard frequent curses outside my office where my Dawg sticker hung... in between the hilarity from all the Aggies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds