Forum

Is Hutson Mason a DGD?

9 years 2 months ago #66931 by dawgs_fans_dad
Is Hutson Mason a DGD? was created by dawgs_fans_dad
You don't need to give me chapter and verse as to why or why not if you don't want, yes or no is fine.

He probably could have played 2-3 years at another school if he had switched once he realized Murray was going to be the man. This would be AFTER Murray's house got egged when he had a bad game against USCe. He fulfilled a dream to play for UGA and certainly represented the school very well OFF the field, but the bitter disappointment of what could have been in '14 really has tainted his legacy among some, not all, but some, of the 'dawg nation.

Anyway, by any objective standard, I would say Yes. I'll hang up and listen.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dawgs_fans_dad
  • dawgs_fans_dad's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
9 years 2 months ago #66932 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Is Hutson Mason a DGD?
He stayed 5 years and was a team player so yes he is/was a DGD but not the best QB on the team in 2014...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, dawgs_fans_dad

More
9 years 2 months ago #66933 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Is Hutson Mason a DGD?
Yes, I believe he played to the best of his ability and was true to the G
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, dawgs_fans_dad

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #66935 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Is Hutson Mason a DGD?
Never a question in my mind when asked if Hutson Mason was/is a DGD. He was/is still a DGD.

"Expectations" are what the media and beat reporters use to keep their jobs. Truth.

Those with the most success are the ones that sit in Butts-Mehre, handle themselves in a way that is pleasing to the University of Georgia Football head football coach and athletic director.

The one time that Mark Richt showed true passion was when he was called out by a media talking head at a presser. Feel sure many remember the "incident". Check the pressers now . . . . just about as vanilla as a presser can be.

My question to you dawgs_fans_dad would go like this . . . .

Faton Bauta is going through the same Richt "ritual" as we post. Difference between Mason and Bauta, you be the judge. I however "know" that arm strength, physicality was passed over when Mason took the job. As far as knowing the playbook, AM said that Faton Bauta was right there with him. What has not happened is playing time.

So, looking back at AM, much of what was said was Mettenberger had the arm. Carry that forward, Faton Bauta had a better arm than AM, or just as good. AM was in my mind very successful, so what is all of this talk now about Ramsey's arm, Jacob Park's arm, both of which have one year and then a quarterback from Washington State is coming in to take over. This paragraph was nothing more than presenting what is said by the media and being accepted by much of the fan base. "Expectations" . . . . whose . . . . the media, coaches, athletic director, certainly not players like Faton Bauta.

Wonder if Auburn could use a player like Faton Bauta? Have asked that question before, never seem to get an answer. Could Hutson Mason have played elsewhere, yep, but not as a starting quarterback in the SEC.

One final thought. Wonder what "could" have been in Atlanta in the game against Alabama if our coaches had been prepared, AM sure as hell wanted that time out. Do I believe our coaches lost that game . . . . I sure do. Since then we continue to have coaching problems in the "4th quarter". Makes no difference how much talent "we" have on the field. Example . . . . 2014 Carolina, 2014 Georgia Tech. Leadership is the problem in Athens. Hutson Mason did not call the plays or was he the major cause of defeat in either of those games. Mark Richt was.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawgs_fans_dad

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #66936 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Is Hutson Mason a DGD?
Always glad to get great talent. Eason makes some interesting comments below.

Anyone doubt that Jacob Eason has been told that he will be the quarterback? We have a "history" of that under our head coach.

Again, it is not a lack of talent, will discuss talent with anyone that thinks we have not wasted talent in Athens. Don't care what "other universities" have done or do with their talent. I have great concerns that our history continues to repeat itself.

Remember well the press that Matthew Stafford received before coming to Athens. Great arm, never learned to "read defenses" like AM. Still can't. No championships with Georgia, same with Detroit Lions.

Question. Is it possible that Richt/McGarity are playing the good cop, bad cop thing in Athens? Just asking. Think about what we have seen and heard since the Belk Bowl.

sports.yahoo.com/video/pylon-7on7-jacob-eason-224600624.html

More
9 years 2 months ago #66938 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Is Hutson Mason a DGD?
Dfd. Thanks for asking the question....yes HM s stayed committed to the "G"

DGD.

Go Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds