Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

9 years 2 months ago #66548 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

This week’s BPS…… SB-NSD- 1K & EB

1967 and Super Bowl # 1… truly seems it was just yesterday.

Ali vs Frasier … NFL vs AFL…. Lombardi vs Stram…

Green Bay spanked the Chiefs and gave birth to the biggest show in professional sports. Can you say
entertainment?

Super Bowl Party!!!!

It took 3 years before Joe Willie and the Jets beat the Colts from Baltimore for the first old AFL win.
Jets have not been back since.

Chiefs only trip to the SB was 13 years before we won our last NC.

For 48 years the folks of KC have waited until next year

To my knowledge during that time every home game has been a sellout. No lack of fan support.

What happened to the Browns and Lions who won several championships before the SB format?

Both have never played in a SB.

Much has been said about having to wait until next year.

IMO after the last game is played then time has to pass until another game is played…there is but one thing to do….wait

Fans wait until next year regardless of where in the standing their team finish.

You can’t go for a repeat until you win one.

Sure there is the satisfaction of winning, which soon gets replaced with the anticipation can we do it again? Or will we be better or worse than last year.

Yes we are told wait until next year to raise our spirits.

Much is the hype of PR and marketing people to try and keep our interest while we wait. And the money flowing.

Patience…. The art of waiting…one of the most difficult things to do.

To me what Bama and the SEC did dominating NC’s

Was something we will not see again for many reasons?

That is not to say a SEC team will not win the NC this year

However, we won’t see a run of 7 years in a row without a winner from another conference.

The big news this week was the commitment of Sam Madden

A very large man/child who plays on the OL.

What we have to look forward to is Big Country and Bam Bam Sam making holes for our RB’s. Like it a lot.

We will have more names added to the OL this NSD

Word is Blake Edwards rehab is going well adding another quality OL.

A sidebar that I am sure many have read is this past Friday while Madden was in town for a visit CMR took him and his Dad to Krisp Kreme Donuts here in Athens.

For Madden… love at first bite… someone did their homework.

We Yankees love our donuts..fact

No matter how small a town is in the NE’s you can always find two things…beer joint…and a donut shop.

Many hours spent with my Dad and friends after football games enjoying two glazed with a large hot chocolate. Great memories.

On Friday Jan 16th at 12:01AM after the dead recruiting period ended the Florida Coaches were having breakfast with a recruit and his family at a Denny’s… do what you have to do…..

Maybe our HC is getting coached ……hmmmmm….. even better he is listening…….

Watching Coach K get his 1,000 career win as a HC was a special shared moment in sports.

The win against St. Johns in the Garden was an added treat.

You may not care for basketball or Duke.

However Coach K. is what college sports should be about.

Without a doubt his military background comes through as does his mentoring from Bobby Knight.

Congratulations….

We lost Mr. Cub baseball this week also

Ernie Banks was a gentleman and one hell of a baseball player

A true Cub fans knows all about waiting until next year…

Growl & Duck ..T&P still coming your way

Enjoy the SB

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week.

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: NC_Dawg, Buc, DAWGtm, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #66550 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts

Attachment 10389014_650830568372898_6563757549438586831_n.jpg not found

Yankeedawg I read beer joint I was going to ask where you were talking about then I read it slow an got it very very good post thanks for doing this every Friday give Georgia a treat.

I'm ready for singing day.

Everybody enjoy the weekend I'm going hog deer well basically meat hunting.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 2 months ago #66551 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
I read beer and joint and thought "man... here we go again with our players getting in trouble during the off-season."

:side:

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 2 months ago #66553 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
YD1,

Great Friday edition! Thanks!!

Regardless as to whether we see a dominating repeat of SEC presence in the Natty, I look back at the last decade and a half and see opportunities squandered! We had more than one shot to carve out our slice of the pie.....

CMR finally tuned to the proper frequency?......MEH!....We've recruited very well before...

I'm ALWAYS excited for a new season to begin. Hell, I grew up watching Dooley coach and attended UGA during his final years. Then came Goof and DoNut!...Trust me, I'm all to familiar with WTNY! Point is, I've nevah seen a HC do LESS with MORE, including the HC names formerly mentioned. So, if CMR gets it, finally,....GREAT, but I'm not expecting that to occur. In fact, I'm expecting a repeat of another kind,....the annual RICHTING that we've all seen the last 14 years!

GO DAWGS!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #66554 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
yankeedawg1 you said . . . .
Maybe our HC is getting coached ……hmmmmm….. even better he is listening…….

Having watched a few UGA games under our head coach, what I saw in the Belk Bowl did not in any way remind me of what I have seen numerous times in 14 years.

Could be the magic formula in Athens is to keep a running feud between the athletic director and the head coach . . . . the feud that now is being played up in the media as . . . . nothing at all.

There is no denying the fact that Richt and grantham did not have a meeting of the minds, did not from the start.

Simple fact. grantham moved on to Louisville and produced a very good defense.

Another simple fact. Pruitt moves to Athens and is in the early stages of producing a very good defense.

Somewhere in that, there is a lesson to be learned and used.

Has been suggested on this board many times over that our head coach "wear the crown", just listen and stay out of the way. Remain "outside the tent", those inside the tent doing the work will take care of the business at hand.

Mark Richt is going nowhere, how many times has that been said on this board? He will exit when "he" is ready.

LOI day will answer some of the questions, not all.

One thing that I will say . . . . The talking heads, media experts and others have Roquan Smith listed as a 4* athlete. Too many top notch head coaches after his services, proving again that 95% of those fighting for clicks are doing just that, sure as hell don't know extraordinary talent when they see them.

Georgia Tech currently rated above us in the preseason polls . . . . anyone here think the media has this one right?

Will be interesting to see how well Schottenheimer does breaking in a inexperienced (relatively speaking) SEC quarterback, he is supposed to be good at that task, our head coach seems to think so. Would hate to see a repeat of the grantham mess.

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds