Forum

Will Four Million Yearly Change Football in Athens?

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66468 by Buc
Believe that this is a subject that needs focus. Reason . . . . look back over the past in Athens and someone please show me where they have seen this HEADLINE before.

Remember this, all about doing ones job.

I challenge anyone to tell me if I am making 4 million yearly that I should not be doing as the headline below suggests.

Mark Richt visits with 2 OL committed to other SEC schools.

Understood that our head coach has "hired hands" (coaches). If you want to read the article, it was plucked from the AJC.

I would suggest that our head coach do more of this . . . . meeting sooner with young players that don't really want to be "courted" just before LOI day. Don't need to hear from those that are privileged to "inside talk" that the head coach is "covered up" with other duties.

Ask one very simple question . . . . Is it asking too much of someone that is making 4 million dollars a year to now step up and do something beside sitting in the comfort of a living room with players Moms, Dads and guardians to expand what they need to do to make the FINAL FOUR.

I know this for a fact. There are coaches and assistants to coaches that put in more "quality time" than our head coach.

Anything wrong with changing the way recruiting is and has been done in Athens?

At some point, our head coach has to step out, be "different" than his previous years in Athens. Does Mark Richt have the "total" football awareness now that has been missing? Do not give a spit what others make, to me, 4 million is not chicken scratch.

Don't pull one of the oldest tricks in a sales managers "bag of tricks" coach. Taking a "newbie" out to meet those that should have had your presence prior to taking the newly hired offensive line coach, Sales. Interesting last name, Sales.

Earn the money sir, do something different, maybe something different than has been done the past 14 years. Prove to "some of us" that your last pay raise is warranted. We are on your side, see we also wear the Red and Black, many of us a bit longer than you.

Would like to say that the "clock is ticking" but some of us know differently.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl, Dawg With Style, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66469 by Buc
yankeedawg1, thanks for reading the post.

Most or many of us know that we are faced with a fork in the road, now decisions have to be made as to which way "our" program chooses to go.

For this reason I continue to go back to what Wartdawg has brought to the board. Have read every post that he has made here, and he is consistent. Consistent meaning that there is a fork in the road, and he has fudged at times, but never has he gone against what he believes to be the truth.

This is where Wartdawg and I now "might differ". No longer is it about opening the 2015 Season or any other season down the road with an opening statement about winning the East or the SEC.

If that is going to be the "party line", then quite simply, those that start with winning the East or the SEC . . . . nothing has changed.

Try this "leaders"? in Athens . . . .

We are focusing on winning the National Championship, we understand that we "have" to make the FINAL FOUR. That is language that Saban and meyer use when recruiting. Hard for me to believe that Richt understands that language. I say that because I care enough to "say it". Mark Richt, what say you in 2015?

If you don't have enough talent, say it. If you don't have the necessary skills to coach that talent, say it.

Look forward to your Blue Plate Special yd1. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 months ago #66470 by Wartdawg
No real difference in objectives.

I've just always believed that if you win the SEC, then the F4 and NC stuff will work itself out.

What I mainly want is for us to not lose games we should win.

Again... if we do that, the other stuff will take care of itself.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

More
9 years 3 months ago #66472 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Will Four Million Yearly Change Football in Athens?
Buc we have shared before that the very best thing our HC could do is remain the barker outside the tent

holding hands with the PR people while the young guns handle the coaching

Him doing less will allow our team to do more....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
9 years 3 months ago #66499 by kentdaddy
Richt is a moron. Anyone who thinks he deserves a raise is also a moron.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66500 by Buc
“Effective leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results not attributes.”

Posted the above after reading yd1's post below.

Buc we have shared before that the very best thing our HC could do is remain the barker outside the tent

holding hands with the PR people while the young guns handle the coaching

Him doing less will allow our team to do more....

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds