Forum

tailgating this year

16 years 9 months ago #5266 by swamphox
tailgating this year was created by swamphox
Any word on a spot for the dawgs.com people yet?

Im hoping theyll allow people to park on the former south campus family friendly zone. THeres a spot on the map that isnt slated as a parking lot but they still allow people to park there so Im hoping the same thing'll happen on south campus. I figure either there or the myers quad are good centralized locations.

btw family friendly is their term and not mine. I beleive that the rest of the areas are about as friendly save for the miller tent or something and since they arent even there anymore....I think alcohol free zone would be a better name. now speaking of alcohol free....if the dawgs.comtailgate goes underway....is alcohol allowed? I'll drop by either way to say hello, I just want to know what I can bring...what about tobacco?

I figure these are valid questions as I like you folks and would rather not upset anyone also what do yall like to do on a personal level?

my optimal tailgate goes like this....friends and I get there at 7am...if the games at 1 no problem, if it's at 8:30pm...even better; breakfast consists of donuts, cupcakes, and fruit
appropriate drinks before noon MUST be breakfast type drinks i.e. screwdrivers or mimosas, bloody mary's, and or irish coffee type drinks. My personal taste is to go with something coffee related. lunch-if the game is after 1 my people and I will have a grill set up, brats and burgers...someone may bring bq, possibly potato salad, some of the wives bring home made cookies. At 10:00 am it has been declared it's ok to drink something thats not a breakfast type drink, so everyone drops their breakfast type drinks in favor of beer and or jack and coke. Soon my wife and I usually go wander around...I star making phone calls...finding out where all my buddies are and mentally plot a route around campus. I may go down to the gas station across from blind pigs (my old rugby team hang out) and go by the free skoal booth...daddy likes dipping and likes dipping for free even more.

I will probably find an ACC fire engine staging somewhere and go up and look at the truck and hopefully not sound like a fool. Then the wife and friends and I go down to the bridge at sanford and look at everyone hawking their wares. From there we do the chants and the dawg walk...hopefully i get some good pictures of our dawgs....back in the days we'd stop by the miller tent as I knew a couple folks working there we'd stay a the miller tent til game time...head to the stadium, scream our lungs out and eat some stadium food (burgers and nachos and powerade)....after the game we head t the car. If I dont need to be driving yet then we go downtown to eat some dinner and wait

its a good time. i often wonder why they cant just play year round

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• swamphox
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 9 months ago #5269 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Re:tailgating this year
Whew, I get tired just reading about Swamphox's tailgating. I would be passed out by noon with all the drinking.

Swamphox, aren't you the guy with the \"Red Army\" thing? I must admit, being from the cold war era, the words \"Red Army\" make me think of the bad commie guys. I can't help it. If any of you want to \"join up\" he has told you his schedule. Drop by and see him when the food is being served. (lol)

Swamphox has some regular things he does and it sounds like he is an extremely dedicated all day tailgater. Some of you I know are not as hard core as Swamphox and might want to plan it a little different. Whatever, just have fun and be safe.

I got swamped with work and will not be able to scout Athens for a spot.

This is not an official Dawgs.com event so I don't care how you do it. I would suggest that all things be done in moderation, like drinking and eating. Everyone is there to support the Dawgs and I don't think anyone cares if you consume a beer or two. It's the fifth beer and the Jack Daniels that gets you in trouble.

Some of you guys will be OK picking a place and time to meet then going on with a plan from there. Keep the plans informal unless someone wants to do some work organizing it. For example: Have everybody bring any food or liquids on their own. Make all food containers be disposable. Hang out for a while then go on to the game.

If this doesn't work out we can always plan a bigger more organized get together at another game.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

16 years 9 months ago #5274 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:tailgating this year
Hey Admin, if I tried to follow swamphox's schedule for the day, you would have to bury me. Guess in my younger days...............

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 9 months ago #5275 by fire_dawg
Replied by fire_dawg on topic Re:tailgating this year
Swamphox I'm with you brother! You sound like you have a plan that really works. Where did you say that the SKoal tent was set up at? I'm with you on the free skoal also, we have a distributor that brings a whole box of tobacco by the fire station about once a month and if it's not your shift or the shift after, then your just S.O.L. bc its all gone till next time. Didn't you say that you you worked for Gwinnett Co. Fire? I have a friend that works there also. I just started with Douglas Co., I worked at Carroll Co. going on 6 years.

More
16 years 9 months ago #5276 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:tailgating this year
If a bigger, more organized get together is planned, I vote for the Kentucky game (as that is the one my boy and I have tix to ;) ).

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
16 years 9 months ago #5277 by southernlover
Replied by southernlover on topic Re:tailgating this year
I'll be glad to host the gathering for people in town for the Cocktail Party. I've been doing it for several years anyway, might as well have a few more friends around. Details and directions to follow in a couple months!

More
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds