Forum

TERRY HOAGE

16 years 9 months ago #4961 by dapolla
TERRY HOAGE was created by dapolla
In keeping with the once-weekly \"former Bulldog superstar\" thing I've got going, let's get your good reminiscences on Terry Hoage.

Now, I was but a pup in the 1980's, but it seems that during Hoage's years between the hedges, as I pore over old Larry Munson transcripts, whenever the Dawgs needed an interception to stop a late drive by an opponent and wrap up the victory, that football ended up in Terry Hoage's hands. Am I wrong? Anyone have the stats on how many game-ending interceptions Hoage had?

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 9 months ago #4969 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:TERRY HOAGE
Hoage was also quite adept at blocking FG's, too......Blocked one against ND in the NC game. Had ND made this kick, it would have totally changed the momentum of the game.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 9 months ago #4977 by Getdown11
Replied by Getdown11 on topic Re:TERRY HOAGE
Unfortunately Terry Hoage is before my time.

I have to admit unit I moved to Ga. from Az. in 1988 I was. an Arizona Wildcats fan.

Once I got admitted into UGA in 1993 I eventually ended up becoming a Dawg. I figured if I was going to spend my day on campus on a beautiful Sat. and watch us loose to teams like Vanderbilt then I needed to commit to the team.

All I know about Terry Hoage is what Ive read on Wikipedia and seen at the Butts-Mehre building.

2 time consensus All-American
finished 5th in Heisman voting in 1983 ( not bad for a DB )
inducted into the college football hall of fame in 2000
majored in genetics with a 3.85 GPA
now operates a vineyard in California with his wife.

Go Dawgs!!!!

More
16 years 9 months ago #4979 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re:TERRY HOAGE
dapolla, thought you and some of the others might enjoy this site. Also, Terry Hoage was a great player, always came up with the play that turned the \"MO\" in the Dawgs direction. He, along with Jake Scott were cornerstones when they played. Of course, they were of different eras.

www.garretsonwines.com/id122.htm

More
16 years 9 months ago #4993 by Getdown11
Replied by Getdown11 on topic Re:TERRY HOAGE
Excellent article Buc. Funny how life works out sometimes. :laugh:

Go Dawgs!!!!

More
16 years 9 months ago #4997 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:TERRY HOAGE
Great article Buc, thanks.

Besides Hoage, remember Scott Woerner who singlehandidly beat Clemson? Ran a punt back 99 yards for a TD and intercepted a pass and ran it back 100 yards for a 2nd TD (approx #'s) and we were up 14-0 at the half and we didn't even make a 1st down the whole 1st half.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds