Forum

Oklahoma State Cowboys 2009 Team Preview

14 years 10 months ago #22082 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Oklahoma State Cowboys 2009 Team Preview
Whew, DawgFanInTn.....I was worried about you. I see that now that I reread your 2nd paragraph and the underlined statement representing a quote from the article you read. :silly: :silly: ;)

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #22083 by GATORstrong
Replied by GATORstrong on topic Re:Oklahoma State Cowboys 2009 Team Preview
Either team has a very good chance of winning. If I were to bet on the game I would have to go with OK ST. UGAs defense just will not be strong enough to stop a very balanced OK St attack. Robinson/Bryant is one of the best reciever QB duos in college football. There passing game is quick and efficient. Robinson uses alot of different targets. Kendall Hunter is a very good back with with good speed. If UGA pins there ears back and focuses strictly on getting to the QB Hunter will make them play honest, with a couple big gains. Sure OK Sts defense is mediocre at best, but are they good enough to hold UGA down, probably. UGA lost there 2 biggest producers in the first 10 picks of the draft. Whether they have players to replace them or not, they dont have the time together to be on perfect stride. The defense may have alot of good pieces, but to be very good there are some young players that will have to be a big part of the defense, they may by the middle of the year be able to do that, but there first college game in a very hostile environment wont be where they start. CWM does not help the defenses cause, last year UGAs defense got exposed on several occasions, and he was mainly to blame. A hostile enviroment, first full game for several key positions, and based on last year a shaky defense, I say the dawgs go down 38-28. And this is not based on being a gator fan, the business I am in I need the Dawgs to go undefeated every year, so when the win our business wins.

More
14 years 10 months ago #22084 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Oklahoma State Cowboys 2009 Team Preview
I seem to remember another year when we were supposed to lose to Okie State. OSU went down 35-14. As a local radio personality says before every college and pro football weekend, \"That's why we play these goofy games.\" Who would think that We'd spank a team that was supposed to destroy us one week, and then fail to score a touchdown against South Carolina the next?

For the record, I say Okie State goes down 45-21. Mark it, Dude.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
14 years 10 months ago #22085 by wlayton
I'm with you dapolla and here's why.

1. We are a very good 1st game of the year team....well prepared.
2. We are VERY good on the road in hostile environments.
3. Our D will look better than it probaly is because evryone's offenses usually start the season off on a slow note and D's usually dominate early in the season.
4. One exception to #3......OSU's defense....it will be BAD all year.
5. Regardless of what people think, the SEC is much more physical and will punish OSU. OSU will get titred of getting punched in the mouth.

That's enough for a UGA win.

PVBDAWG

More
14 years 9 months ago #22086 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Oklahoma State Cowboys 2009 Team Preview
wlayton, I agree with all of your points. The only advantages OSU will have are a veteran offense and homefield advantage. I especially agree with you about how good we are out of the gate. Just for the record, we haven't lost an opener since 1996, when we dropped an 11-7 decision to Southern Miss. We haven't lost a ROAD opener since an 18-13 loss at LSU in 1990. We haven't lost a road opener to a non-conference opponent since a 17-14 loss at Tulane (at that point a member of the Metro Conference, and only 4 years removed from their defection from the SEC) in 1970. So yeah. It's been a while. GO DAWGS!!!!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
14 years 9 months ago #22087 by wlayton
Wow, those are great stats dapolla. Yes, they do have a veteran offense that will be much better after 2 to 3 games and they start getting their timing down. It's a good thing that we catch them in the 1st game of the year. Believe that can only help us versus playing them mid-season.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds