Quantcast
Forum

5 Star Rating Needs Adjusting

1 year 1 week ago - 1 year 1 week ago #78235 by Buc
5 Star Rating Needs Adjusting was created by Buc
Continue to get a "chuckle" reading some of the media "giants" and their "rewarding of stars". If followed closely enough, find that running backs and quarterbacks seem to find the 5th Star when being rated. Reminds me a lot of the recent history of the "media" not spending a lot of time on offensive and defensive lines. Would say that more print has been given to defensive line play versus offensive line play. Once Saban arrived in the SEC folks began to take note that offensive lines are without a doubt a "must". Speaking about UGA and its lack of production for too many years along both lines, especially the offensive line, took a Head Coaching Change to understand SEC Football and the way it "must" be played to have any chance of reaching the "Final Four".

Have followed closely the recruitment of Jake Camarda. Media has this young man rated a "3 Star". Really? :whistle: Have posted several times in the Recruiting area of the board the accomplishments of "Jake" . . . . "Jake" Camarda. Has not hit the field for college ball, however many of the 5 Star athletes heading to Athens have yet to do so either. Media uses the 5 Star ratings for "clicks". Yep. Do not feel I am going out on a limb when I rate "Jake" Camarda a 5 Star. Say again, and will again . . . . SEC "requires" a kicking/punting game, been that way forever for those that want to play in the major bowls and Final showdown.

Lifted from the article below, notice the date the article was released.

The rise in Camarda’s abilities coincided with the Blue Devils win-loss record. The Georgia squad upped their record from 7-4 to 11-1 in 2016 with Camarda hitting three field goals with a long of 48 yards while pushing 54-of-64 kickoffs for a touchback. The 6-2, 175 pound, talent averaged 41.5 yards per punt booming 40 across the field.

www.recruitingnewsguru.com/georgia-2018-...le-collegiate-level/

Nick Saban wanted "Jake" Camarda, make no bones about that. Nick want Camarda, nuff said, I suppose.

And this . . . .

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 week ago #78238 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic 5 Star Rating Needs Adjusting
Absolutely Buc.....how is it the number one Kicker is any less a 5 Star than any other position??

Early on was a big fan of Kevin Butler joining our staff.... HC needs to find away to keep him

Grooming our kickers..... Rod has a Sunday job thanks to him

Good kicking game....cornerstone to success...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junkyard Dawg
More
1 year 1 week ago #78241 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic 5 Star Rating Needs Adjusting
Interesting listening to Legge's thoughts concerning Georgia Football in the video below. Definitely speaks the truth about NFL being a "business". Free enterprise, understand that. Points out the reason that folks like myself "prefer" the college game. Think more and more paying customers are looking at some of the numbers being paid not only to players, those that rule the "League" also. Did read that Muschamp signed a very lucrative contract South Carolina. Bet this . . . . McGarity and Mahogany Row are chopping/champing at the bits to get Kirby Smart to allow them to "raise" his numbers. Job protection for Greg McGarity.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
1 year 1 week ago #78242 by Buc
Roquan Smith.

Today is a huge time in this young man’s life. The NFL is prepared to offer a lifetime of debt free worries.

I will not be surprised to see Roquan remain in Athens and play another year. Remembering that he once was going to play on Saturdays for UCLA, that is until he was not told the “complete truth” about their coaching staff.

Also, Roquan leaving for the NFL, has paid his dues on Saturdays in the SEC. Earned the respect of not only Georgia FANS, FANS from all conferences. There will be a loud noise coming from Florida that will be heard in the State of Georgia if Roquan Smith decides to spend one more year “leading” our defense. If this young man returns, UGA’s chances of returning to the Final Four can almost be guaranteed.

My respect is paid to Roquan Smith for several reasons . . . . one reason being he is selfless when it comes to team play. That team I refer to is not only the football team, he genuinely cares about the FANS TEAM that support him.

Thank you regardless of your choice Roquan Smith, “Leadership” will always be in your mind both on the field and off. God blessed you in many ways young man.

Go Dawgs :)

More
1 year 1 week ago #78243 by Buc
“The decision to leave is not easy but I know it is the right one. Georgia will always be my school and my home and I sincerely wish all the best to the coaches, staff, and players as they continue to reach higher goals in the years to come.”
11:34 AM - Jan 15, 2018

An NFL team just got a heck of a lot better. High fives to you Roquan Smith.

More
1 year 1 week ago #78244 by growl
Replied by growl on topic 5 Star Rating Needs Adjusting
Maybe Atlanta can find a way to get this fine Linebacker, Lord knows they need somebody to help them, since they cant get out of their own way.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

• growl
  • Away
  • Junkyard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds