Quantcast
Forum

Smart being Smart . . . .

1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #76639 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Smart being Smart . . . .
Wondering if the recruitment of Ahkil Crumpton has anything to do with the recruitment of Kearis Jackson. Jackson has announced he will divulge his choice in August. Many top D1 universities want Jackson.

Just thinking outside of the box. Kirby is aware of many things that we are not.

www.hudl.com/video/3/4072604/57fbc4a9842eb26bb0be7de4

www.hudl.com/video/3/1796754/5721ce180c5e681224a6711b
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #76640 by Buc
One of the reasons that I posted #76639 post above . . . .

Remembering well many years under the Richt regime when it came down to LOI time, too many, way too many recruits decided to play elsewhere. That was not a one or two year happening, it happened often from 2010 on and some prior years.

Kirby Smart is not playing that silly game. Think most of us understand the CYA term. Kirby is doing just that. A huge step forward in my way of thinking. Chips are down for Head Coach Kirby Smart and he understands that totally. Change in operational tactics could or should benefit the Red and Black for some time to come. Liking what I see changing in "tactics" from the previous x number of years that somehow never changed.

More
1 year 6 months ago #76641 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Smart being Smart . . . .
Buc.... me thinks Mercole is helping where he is needed... believe he is a good enough athlete to

Be able to handle challenges..... depth at DB.....lack of with receiving corp..... being used on

Kick returns also..... he will find playing time in 2017....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junkyard Dawg
More
1 year 6 months ago #76642 by Buc
There has been some conversation on this board about top rated players not only in the State of Georgia, applies to most states . . . . Young men want to play quickly, and that for sure will continue.

2017 recruiting season was very good for Georgia. 2018 is beginning to shape up, there are however players that are checking rosters to see where they can get immediate playing time and that certainly sways minds.

If we continue to recruit well, no doubt that some or many Georgia High School Players will be taking a second look. Feel it is now more than ever before to be successful in the winning percentage area. Alabama still gets the players they want, that is for a very good reason . . . . National Championships. Alabama was knocked off of the top spot last season . . . . my goodness, they only finished second in the Nation. Wonder just how many Dawg supporters would love to be in that position. Lesser bowl games are not going to move the needle forward for us.

Will stand on this, in agreement with long time board member ogredawg . . . . Coaching in Athens has to meet the test. Appears that a large hurdle has been cleared . . . . improved recruiting. Not being ugly, just have some thoughts about coaches not using the talent that does not belong on the sideline. Not giving Kirby a lot of wiggle room, however, FAN base not in the mood for lesser bowls. I firmly believe that coaching in Athens over a long period of time failed the FAN base.

Whether or not Kirby is a fourth quarter coach, cannot speak to that, yet . . . . Year two will say a lot about the coaching staff.

yd1, for as far back as I can remember, you were one of the few folks on the internet that recognized our need(s) on the offensive line, along with that also mention DAWGtm, he was all in on the offensive line also. ogredawg has always been about offensive and defensive lines. Pay credit where credit is due.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #76643 by Buc
Seems others are on board with the offensive line talk. I fall in line with the last paragraph for sure.

www.bulldawgillustrated.com/georgias-new...e-key-to-the-season/

We can debate quarterback play, wide receiver efficiency, and gloat over the riches at running back, but success in 2017 is squarely in the lap of the young pups on Georgia’s offensive line. Without adequate blocking those other questions are moot. The denizens of the trenches have to grow up – fast.

More
1 year 6 months ago #76644 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Smart being Smart . . . .
Simple....unadulterated....truth..... no lipstick....no pig.... no smoke...no mirrors...

Deserves a.....amen......thanks for sharing Buc.....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junkyard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds