Quantcast
Forum

Smart being Smart . . . .

1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #76645 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Smart being Smart . . . .
Probably some have read this article. Find the comments "very interesting". With all of the chatter about Georgia Football, seems most FANS conclude that the offensive line was/is the largest piece of "unfinished business" since Kirby Smart hired Sam Pittman. Hoping that the young men that Sam Pittman wants to coach find their way to Athens.

ogredawg said on one or two occasions that Jacob Eason is one tough dude. Agree with that from watching as much film as I can find. This season, we get to open the book again and "read/watch the second chapter" of not only Jason Eason, the offensive coordinator, and the results of what Coach Sam Pittman can do from the "ground up".

Again, found some interesting reading in the comment section. Thoughts?

www.dawgnation.com/football/georgia-offe...s-weight-competition

Agreed with much of this comment in the article above.

The offensive mess Kirby and Cheney inherited except for RB and TE was beyond abysmal. TF QBS make a bad offensive line look atrocious. A bad offensive line makes five star TF QBs look average. The evolution from Cub Cadets to Peterbilts on the OL isn't going to happen overnight, but year two of Kirby's process of developing championship caliber teams vs. 10 win teams is obvious! "We've got too many little guys." was one of Kirby's first quotes . That was true all over the field and his ace recruiting is getting it fixed, but the OL was Job One! TTL![/u][/b]
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #76646 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Smart being Smart . . . .
Bingo.......

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junkyard Dawg
More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #76647 by Buc
Another good read that gets straight to the point . . . .point(s) of fact.

Myself, believe that Kirby Smart understands how to spend his time. Bet this, there is going to be a change in "relations" in Athens at some point in the very near future. A lot of talk outside of Athens City Limits and most of it centers around Athletic Director Greg McGarity and just how that simple little mind works. Worst AD ever at UGA. FACT.

McGarity likes using Smart's name when trying to raise funds or simply improve his stance in the Classic City.

blutarsky.wordpress.com/2017/07/20/from-...on-of-fan-relations/

More
1 year 8 months ago #76648 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Smart being Smart . . . .
Eason is "Aaron Murray" tough. That is the highest compliment I can give him Buc my friend.

I am still very concerned about what Kirby said today in the online fish wrapper or AJCdotcom, that he is sticking with the O line from G day that was #1. Hopefully some of the new players step up and correct that situation but it does not seem that Kirby is interested in playing any true freshman on the starting OL.........or a JUCO transfer for that matter.....time will tell...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

• ogredawg
  • Away
  • Junkyard Dawg
More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #76649 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Smart being Smart . . . .
Agreed orgredawg....Eason is Murray tuff......as noted here going to Manning camp very good thing..

He also has been spending hours watching a lot of game film... just not our games....another good thing

Jacob becomes a film rat like Arron....benefits. Wil be visible...quickly

Head Coach reference to OL.....word off campus... Coach speak.....Wilson an Abrams will get

Early playing time.....both at tackle..... Pittman has big uglies fast tracking.....

My feeling is Head Coach.......maybe saying one thing about starters.....while having completely

Different plan under his hat...

Your last three words.......gold.....

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junkyard Dawg
More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #76650 by Buc
ogredawg, have to believe that the incoming talent is "talented enough" to make some waves. Young man came to Athens from another conference last year, I appreciated him for that. When all was said and done, while he had heart, he was not suited to play left tackle in the SEC. That however falls on the coaching staff, and the lack of attention from the previous coaching staff. You have said and it is apoint on statement . . . . Left tackle is still a big issue in Athens. I really like #77 having watched him some in the Sunshine State in high school. Played out of position at Georgia as soooooooooooooo many have done the last x number of years. I look at some of the young players that have been around for two years or more and never hear a word about playing time for them.

Plain and simply, Mark Richt let our program die, fall off of the deep end for too many years. Not coaching that way in Miami. Just returned after a week stay in Plantation, Florida, folks in South Florida are heaping praise on Richt. Amazing what can be accomplished when one gets off of their butt and earns their pay. Richt is sitting in the middle of a hot bed of high school football talent. He had the same situation while at Georgia. Problem with President Morehead, believe the disease goes deeper than McGarity alone. Say again . . . . for damn sure Florida had "zero" interest in replacing the vacant AD job with McGarity. They did not need a "yes man".

Ventured away from the subject . . . . McGarity is to blame ;)

#77 would have been a terrific center, has the right attitude and mentality to have been a winner at that position. ogredawg, believe that Sam Pittman will get some results that folks like myself have not seen in way the hell over 15 years. I believe that #77 will move back to guard before the end of the season. That is his main chance at playing in the NFL. Size? :unsure: Mean as a snake when the ball is snapped! :angry:

Surprised that AM came out of Athens in one piece.

More
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds