Quantcast
Forum

2018 Recruiting

2 years 2 months ago #76293 by Buc
2018 Recruiting was created by Buc
Warren Ericson offered scholarship to UGA. From where I sit, this young man has "center" written all over him. Comes out of his stance ready to roll. Big, strong, fast . . . .

www.hudl.com/video/3/5330263/57f457ab688ec473a0001976
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #76294 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic 2018 Recruiting
Jamaree Salyer shown at the 2:41 mark. Young man going against some older, experienced defensive linemen. Sam Pittman finishes with Jamaree in college, NFL will be all over this pup.

More
2 years 2 months ago #76295 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic 2018 Recruiting
Feeling confident that 2018 will see more linemen heading to the Classic City..

Believe that when the savages of sicem17 get their legs the chattering to come to Athens will

ramp up..... me thinks. We will see..... many surprises......before NSD 2018...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junkyard Dawg
More
2 years 2 months ago #76296 by Buc
Building blocks no doubt. Been far too long UGA Football lagging behind when we have tobacco barn filled with running backs.

Pass blocking a different set of skills, we know that. Run blocking, good "center" can and will control the running game, we know that also.

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #76297 by Buc
I read articles like the one below . . . . takes me back a few years on Dawgs.com "suggesting" that in the "future" the quarterback position might change. Change . . . . look and run more like some of the high school offenses. Seems to me that has become closer to the truth.

Let that go for now . . . . why? Because UGA Football has two "pocket quarterbacks" on campus (several but all pro style) two will see the playing field. Watching film, little doubt that Jake Fromm will tuck and run. After the 2016 Season was finished, Jacob Eason said publicly that he had always "known" that he could run. Jacob did not say "sprint", if I heard what he said correctly it was . . . . I can "escape" sometimes. We will see that from Jacob Eason this season. Take that to the bank. I said it, will be interested to see what others say "during the 2017 Season" when we watch Eason pick up a first down or put us in a third down situation when we are above 50/60/70%.

Cards are on the table, changes are not only happening on the "offensive line", Georgia Football is getting a much needed "facelift". Alabama and Clemson understood this a while back. Maybe some might disagree . . . . Mark Richt is doing the same thing in South Florida. That is for the "bleeding hearts".

Stop with this . . . . Every year there will be "versatile quarterbacks" coming out of high school . . . . do not sell the farm on one or two players. New England has made a "living" understanding "personnel management". Truth. I believe that Kirby Smart has a handle on that.

www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georgia-footba...-qb-changes-offense/

More
2 years 2 months ago #76298 by Buc
If you watched the Hudl video above, does it in any way make you and I think?

Said before, say again . . . . We have some very good offensive linemen in Athens now. First things first . . . . Pass protection, not easily learned. Run blocking, much easier, that comes with a "center" that "recognizes defensive fronts" and power football along with knowing the "count".

Kirby understands.

Case in point . . . . Arkansas has had some very good offensive lines. Sam Pittman understands that better than any offensive line coach we have "ever" had. Head coach at Arkansas understands the need for "power" on the offensive line. Arkansas however has not moved as far forward as many thought they would. Say this . . . . Arkansas has not had the running backs in "recent seasons" that stack up with our running backs. Fact.

Yep, football in Athens is changing . . . . Thank you Lord!

More
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds