Quantcast
Forum

Interesting "Stuff" to Buc . . . .

2 years 2 months ago #75941 by Buc
Looking over the Alabama 2017 Recruits . . . . at this point not a single Georgia High School Player on the recruiting list (Committed). Realize that can change overnight, however it gives me some comfort when checking previous recruiting years and the number of young men making their way across the Chattahoochee River.

Is this an indication of a different approach by our coaching staff? Don't know, just follow "stuff" that some in the media don't. Been years when looking over rosters and not seeing big time Georgia recruits remaining in the State of Georgia.

What has happened to change these young men remaining home? I think I know, but time will tell. Say again and again, have to keep the talent from crossing the Chattahoochee River.

This is a seldom discussed subject when watching Alabama recruiting. I follow the way Nick Saban and Company recruit . . . . They watch closely "coaching changes" in talent rich states and that aids in their efforts to pull young men to Tuscaloosa. Nick Saban knows and practices his "Process". Yes, he has a process and that is deeper than being "tied" to the same old "stuff" year after year. We (UGA) understand the same old stuff and the lack of a recruiting process. JMHO.

Bet this . . . . Kiffin is gone. Alabama will not "flinch".

alabama.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Commits
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #75942 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Interesting "Stuff" to Buc . . . .
Lane Kiffin and Charlie Strong will without a doubt cut into the "number" of recruits in Florida that select "certain universities". Florida and Florida State are "deeply imbedded" in the Sunshine State when it comes to "contacts" and many other "things" that move talented high school players to both schools.

Know for a "fact" that the "U" is trying their best to "build a fence" around the talent in South Florida. Same thing that I hope Smart and Company are doing in Georgia.

To compete in the "Final Four" has become and will become increasingly difficult to find a "spot". Have said more than once that we should have a playoff system that is comprised of the "Final Eight". Believe that to be a solid number and have heard all of the arguments otherwise, pro and con. Hear this if you will . . . . If the college playoffs move to the "Final Eight", the NFL is not liking that setup at all. From where I sit . . . . on board with the "Final Eight".

Whether or not Kirby Smart and his staff have what is needed to find UGA's way to the four or eight (at some point), will play out soon enough. One noticeable change in this group of coaches first year together, seem to UNDERSTAND RECRUITING inside the borders of the Peach State.

Coach Them Up! :)

More
2 years 2 months ago #75943 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Interesting "Stuff" to Buc . . . .
If I was a betting man.... I would wager that CNS knew last February that Lane had one year left

in Tuscaloosa...and already was working. A short list of replacements......proactive rather than reactive..

CNS......pillar to the process... side bet......CKS and staff aren't finished recruiting for 2017

Two years or less CSP and the Dawgs will have a OL ranking in the top 5 in college football...

with depth.... which will be a completely new and novel idea for our team..... which wil become a

New standard going forward..... Go Dawg....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junkyard Dawg
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #75944 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Interesting "Stuff" to Buc . . . .
yd1, for sure Lane Kiffin leaving did not catch Nick Saban by surprise. You are spot on. ;)

Lane Kiffin will never understand that he does not have "organizational skills". My belief. Several million dollars down the road and there will be incredibly talented high school coaches that have moved "forward". New is exciting, but that alone does not put W's in the column.

NFL has been and will remain for a while a "spinning wheel". Jobs being passed along to those that "claim" to have "credentials", credentials that keep their pockets full of jack.

Too many young coaches trying really hard to climb the ladder. It is tough to find one's way through the maize.

Problem in my opinion with many of the young men moving from high school to college is "understanding" the "process" of "growing up".

Promises are "shallow" in recruiting wars. That is seen often when watching recruiting closely each and every year.

Process in Tuscaloosa is real simple . . . . If you are the best, you play. If you as an individual believe you are the best, join the other 25 or so recruits each recruiting season and prove it. That is my "wish" for UGA Football. I often refer to that as "depth".

Coach'em Up! . . . . :)

More
2 years 2 months ago #75945 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Interesting "Stuff" to Buc . . . .
Buc....your call about depth is absolutely correct...

CNS.... doesn't have an exclusive on the process...l like you can name several in different

Sports...... two of my favorites....Coach K. and. Lombardi...... see everything miss nothing

Details don't come in sizes..... feel strongly that CKS... has an understanding of the process

He is finding his way to execute and move the process forward..... Go Dawg.

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junkyard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds