Quantcast
Forum

First 2018 Commit

2 years 9 months ago #73345 by BulldogShannon
First 2018 Commit was created by BulldogShannon
Buc, remember a few days ago we talked about if KS shut down our borders to UT , then UT would be a 7-5 team???? Well, I wasn't expecting UGA to start STEALING Tennessee players:) According to this kid, he is also going to try and get a 5 star player from Tennessee to commit to UGA.

georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/Georgia-lands...ogs&utm_content=Link
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BulldogShannon
  • BulldogShannon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junkyard Dawg
More
2 years 9 months ago #73346 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic First 2018 Commit
BulldogShannon, there is little doubt that football in Athens is on a different track. Don't have to tell you. You live there, coach soccer in the area and have never been too far from Sanford Stadium.

I get excited, maybe overly so when I see young men from other states finding their way to Athens.

At this point I would say the largest improvement made in Athens is the "entire group" of coaches selected by Kirby Smart. What is different to me?

Smart has built this group from the "outside in" rather than the "inside in". Hope that is understood. "Inside in" is currently underway at the "U". That is actually not a remark meant to say anything other than . . . . change was needed in Athens for a long time, and change arrived with a different approach to SEC fooball.

Comes down to this . . . . players have bought in, what else matters, nothing I can think of.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #73352 by Buc
BulldogShannon, going to say this because I believe what I am going to post will prove true.

Max Wray will be the next great center in the SEC.

Max fits the mold of what offensive line coaches want. Not a doubt.

This is a young man that will play at 310/315, BMI "zero". Smart, tough, he is not going to be playing a position that the AJC and others do not understand, and the "reasons why". This is truly a young man that is perfect in the middle.

Max Wray is an All American at the Center Position.

Easy for me to say, right? When he is "set" in the video below, it is a no brainer. Only fair to watch the entire video. Smart and Company are not playing Russian Roulette, they are grounded and ready to get our program where it should be with the "talent available" for UGA. Times are changing. I said that.

www.hudl.com/athlete/5214511/highlights/301083452

More
2 years 9 months ago #73354 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic First 2018 Commit
Max would be the rock in the middle no question...... Be interesting to see who he recruits to play with him......

Fun meter moved up when he committed.....Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junkyard Dawg
More
2 years 9 months ago #73355 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic First 2018 Commit
Buc, I'm 25 minutes from the loop..........daughter goes over there 2 times a year for soccer tourneys..............about 6 UGA soccer games a year..... 4 UGA softball games a year.....................and of course, 1-3 football games a year.....................

And spent 5 years there in college..................when my 10 year old knows her away around north campus, I would say she is well grounded:):);)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• BulldogShannon
  • BulldogShannon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junkyard Dawg
More
2 years 9 months ago #73356 by Buc
Know that folks have different ways of rating their teams. This particular link fascinates me. Lots of chatter about who is best and why. Most I find think that team strength is rated on 5 star athletes.

Takes me back to this . . . . for a long time I have followed the talent level of different colleges, and of course UGA's talent for . . . . forever, actually.

Can't win the East side of the SEC, check the colleges and talent levels 2015. Surprise anyone that we made a coaching change? Not really harping . . . . trying to point out to "some" that it comes down to what we do with the talent we have.

247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite

Go Dawgs, feel we are now going to coach'em up with the needed change that was made.

More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds