Quantcast
Forum

IMG, Sports Agents and Harbaugh B1G

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #72904 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic IMG, Sports Agents and Harbaugh B1G
BulldogShannon, remembering what Isaac Nauta gave as a reason to returning to the home state team. Said that being away made him appreciate "home" more.

Big money starts messing with these young men, also selling the parents on their advantages, young minds are easily swayed. When is too much never enough? Apparently never.

It is a given in South Florida and other places that the money game starts at a very young age, before the teenage years. Posted some videos on Dawgs.com a couple of times about South Florida pee wee football . . . . corruption. Corruption from the older folks. Seems corruption always starts at the "top" and filters down. Won't venture into the corruption in Washington, not enough time of space to chat about that.

Interesting how we (fans) never hear anything about the involvement of IMG and "others" from those running the program in Athens.

Received more mail from UGA this past week, asking for more money. No shame coming from the Group.

Too bad college and high school football has found itself in the shape it is in now. Friday nights and Saturday afternoons are not the same, to me. As far as the NFL, one of the main reasons corruption has filtered down to the pee wee league.

Anyone paying attention to the "rape situation" in Tennessee?

Buc I guess spends too much time with the "other side" of what he would like to see from football. Still pissed about doing away with the "tracks".

Harbaugh is now a thorn in the side of meyer. While I am glad to see that, bet this . . . . the B1G will cover the South like the dew, making it tougher for the SEC to remain above the fray.

Correct sir about Kirby Smart. He will not get involved in "deals". Deal making is done above him.

Mark Richt was simply, lazy. I often referred to him as being too comfortable. Now that he has left Athens, the truth is, he is too lazy to move any program further than what he did with UGA. Head coach at the "U" and talent is plentiful in South Florida. Coached at FSU and Bobby Bowden always had talent galore. Took over in Athens, talent was deep. He is not a leader. Look at other coaches that have coached with much less and we see the difference in "leadership".

There will be more, understand that many don't like to see and read this kind of "stuff".

Good read BulldogShannon, know that you are on board with Education.

And this . . . . Dave Hart had the problems below while Athletic Director at FSU.

www.tennessean.com/story/news/2016/02/09...against-ut/79966450/

www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/2015...rape-claim/23458011/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #72906 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic IMG, Sports Agents and Harbaugh B1G
Good read Buc. Yes, education is important to me. I tell our high school girls every week at practice that I will be checking their grades. I preach grades and "life" as much as I do penalty kicks and the soccer overlap.

Sports and life are parallel.

Yes, if the NCAA chooses to do to UT what they don't do to AU, then UT will be looking for a new coach this time next year. Crap seems to roll, you know.

Have you noticed that we already are very close to 4=5 five star players for the 2017 cycle? UGA never had 3 five stars in one class---until KS arrived this year and made it three. Next year, it will be 4-5.

A secondary of Hardman, Poole and Lecounte (all 5 stars) would be really nice.

More
3 years 1 month ago #72909 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic IMG, Sports Agents and Harbaugh B1G
Shannon, haven't heard a lot of Richt gone and the recruiting has flopped. kentdaddy mentioned that a short time back.

Having been around football for a while, there are always going to be those that become too attached to the person/coach. That is ok, only drawback is when a change is made, those attached at the hip start posting silly stuff.

Kirby Smart has not been head coach for UGA and called one play yet. Like what I read about the hires, always looking for anything that casts a favorable light on UGA.

There has been a little chatter about Coach Smart not using all available scholarships for the next class. Noise is not real loud, almost mute.

Kirby Smart has done the right things in his growth to becoming a head coach. Any position that he coached under Saban was done so because Nick Saban knew what the end result would be. Saban is not willy/nilly about any move he makes.

Another recent move was Saban hiring an offensive coordinator. Media jumped all over the hire. Last time I looked, Lane Kiffin was a great choice by Saban. Feel the same way about Smart hiring offensive coordinator and offensive line coach. Also like the hires of the entire offensive staff.

Red and Black might have some surprises for the media during the 2016 Season.

More
3 years 1 month ago #72911 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic IMG, Sports Agents and Harbaugh B1G
The Tennessee crap has been going on forever.
Even their god, Peyton Manning, had to pay his way out of sequal harassment.

More
3 years 1 month ago #72914 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic IMG, Sports Agents and Harbaugh B1G
UT, Ole Miss, and AU give the SEC a black eye
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #72915 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic IMG, Sports Agents and Harbaugh B1G
There is a lot of stuff I don't like about where college athletics is going. Number one is out of control coaches salaries. The universities are state supported and the athletic teams are there because of the state. You can look at the bb and fb programs as money makers at the big programs and say the salaries are market driven. You can also look at the situation and say it's crazy to have those high salaries in a state supported school.

Number two is bringing in kids who are not prepared for university level academics.

More
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds