Quantcast
Forum

IMG, Sports Agents and Harbaugh B1G

2 years 11 months ago #72916 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic IMG, Sports Agents and Harbaugh B1G
Scooby, great points. As a high school Biology teacher I can speak a little on the subject of students being prepared for college. 80% of honors students today would not be admitted to the average college sixty years ago.

By extension , most of the kids getting into colleges on sports scholarships have no business being in college. The states force teachers to offer redos on tests, requires us to allow students weeks to turn in late work, etc. I also teach physical science and these kids have issues solving basic math problems. 4x=12 is a struggle for some kids who end up making B's in school.

I hate to sound mean, but the average 15 year old today is ignorant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1, scooby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #72918 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic IMG, Sports Agents and Harbaugh B1G
Shannon, my daughter is a teacher in Florida. Thought for a minute I thought I was reading what she and I have discussed many times. Truthfully, heart breaking.

Some years back when college football was being discussed, this was always mentioned in the conversation . . . . years ago. "Basket Weaving".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
2 years 11 months ago #72920 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic IMG, Sports Agents and Harbaugh B1G
Good players will always get into elite schools regardless of their academic abilitys . It happened in the past, is now, and will going forward. I still don't like it.

What is preached in school now is "you've got to go to college to be anything in life." I don't agree with this. Some kids are better off learning a trade. Nothing wrong with building or fixing things. As the older guys In the trades retire, these skills will be in demand. Okay, sorry for getting off subject... B)

More
2 years 11 months ago #72927 by BulldogShannon
agree scooby. but with the suits in state/fed governments needing to be tough on education , they have done away with many vocational pathways and forced kids who don't want to go to college to be in that same pathway.

The budgets have been cut for electrical/welding//carpentry/automotive and funneled into college prep because that is what politicians can sell to the sheep.

More
2 years 9 months ago #73365 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic IMG, Sports Agents and Harbaugh B1G
BulldogShannon pulled the paragraph below from an earlier post in this thread. #72904. Again way ahead of those that are chasing "clicks". They read Dawgs.com.

Harbaugh is now a thorn in the side of meyer. While I am glad to see that, bet this . . . . the B1G will cover the South like the dew, making it tougher for the SEC to remain above the fray.

Now this . . . . posted two(2) days ago. Vault does not lie, especially time lines. ;) :whistle:

www.seccountry.com/sec-news/urban-meyers...blem-for-the-big-ten

More
2 years 9 months ago #73366 by BulldogShannon
LOve it Buc. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Tell the two Little 10 coaches to bring it on..............I'm sure KS and the recruits who want it to be about Homegrown" will pursuade enough players to not be used by the little 10 and rather stay home to Commit to the G.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds