Quantcast
Forum

RECRUITING - - - A "Real Beginning"

3 years 4 months ago #72590 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic RECRUITING - - - A "Real Beginning"
It all come down to competing and winning.
Coach Smart understands what it takes to win.
A deep, strong offensive line.
A dominant defense.
Everything else takes care of itself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #72591 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic RECRUITING - - - A "Real Beginning"
Looking into it.. it seems our O-line coach was the one who lost interest in Dowdell
before the decommit decision.

I am fine with that decision as I am choosing to trust our new regime's desires more
than our old one's.

The fact is Dowdell is a guard and we have a much more pressing needs at tackle.

I think this goes back to what we've been saying about truly recruiting what we need and not over recruiting at a position where we are already deep. It's not we wouldn't like to have him..I don't believe we pulled a scholarship offer, but he's opened his recruiting back up as we've been wooing some other guys more than
him. So be it.

'nuff said.

We play to a standard - Kirby Smart

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #72592 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic RECRUITING - - - A "Real Beginning"
Did not say what Wartdawg said below, but I sure as heck thought the same.

Looking into it.. it seems our O-line coach was the one who lost interest in Dowdell
before the decommit decision.

Mention has been made that our offensive line coach has been busy with some "past" recruiting relationships. Understandable that young men sometimes feel "left out".

Recruiting is not just filling out a total of 25 or so scholarships. That has been the way of the past.

We now have qualified, committed coaches that will build the way they have been successful in doing so in the past.

Coach Smart knows that he has to turn our program upside down. He kept the coaches that would fit into "his way" of accomplishing the things that not only he wants, most of us have asked for the same . . . . for a long time.

Appears to me that others that have either commented at one time or expressed interest in Georgia have their feelings bruised about "who" the coach contacted "first" after leaving Tuscaloosa. BMOC does mean spit to Coach Smart. Snap those chin straps folks, this is not business as usual.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #72593 by Buc
Maybe some have read the article below, or listened to 680 radio when recorded.

Am I wrong or is the previous head coach starting in the new position in Miami doing the same things he did in Athens?

Does he have to surround himself with family and also in this case a player that did very well in Athens as a running back.

I look at the hires Coach Smart has made, see two coaches coming over from Tuscaloosa, one coach that has a "lot" of experience, now the defensive coordinator. Right hand man as I picture the other coach, comes after watching and learning from the same Nick Saban that Kirby Smart did.

Other hires, come to Athens because of lengthy coaching with programs that show their success.

Some are saying that McGarity was the reason for MR leaving. The only thing that Greg McGarity did was "follow orders".

Appears to me that the "process" has not changed.

coachingsearch.com/article?a=Mark-Richt-...ent-this-time-around

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #72594 by Buc
Mentioned to those that read on this board, not going to "roll over and play dead". Referring to what the media has to say about "our" football team.

How is this for a HEAD?

BREAKING: UGA suffers another de-commitment at a position of need

AJC Headline.

Do you folks read the above the same way I do?

SUFFERS . . . .

Might be that the writer of the article did not come up with the "Headline". That is common in the business.

We are suffering because . . . . ?

I don't think that we are in "intense pain" with a young man choosing to "look around". Might be that he sees a brighter future elsewhere in his football career. Same can be said for the coaching staff, they know what players fit their mold. That to me is not difficult.

Spit, my guess is that those "SUFFERING" are those looking for fan attention.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
3 years 4 months ago #72595 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic RECRUITING - - - A "Real Beginning"
Not many read this crap anyway.
Another desperate attempt to be relevant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds