Quantcast
Forum

RECRUITING - - - A "Real Beginning"

3 years 1 day ago - 3 years 1 day ago #72596 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic RECRUITING - - - A "Real Beginning"

averagedawg wrote: Not many read this crap anyway.
Another desperate attempt to be relevant.

averagedawg, it has been years since I have felt this good about Georgia Football.

Think that we still have an issue or two, but I also believe that Coach Smart will not be bullied, or take a step back. Does not have to, we have several years of football history that pleases only "some". I refer to them as "newbies" and "bleeding hearts".

Athletic Director "knew" he had to "jump" when it became apparent that the Gamecocks had one of Smart's feet inside the door. Also believe that move saved McGarity's place in Athens. Just some talk that still lingers about the hiring and the way it happened.

Build that offensive line, line up in the SEC, regardless of the opponent and we will break "new ground".

Really not SUFFERING, at this point. Click, click, click . . . . ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, Wartdawg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 day ago - 3 years 1 day ago #72599 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic RECRUITING - - - A "Real Beginning"
Not suffering here...

New regime came to town with a different sense of where they needed to concentrate their recruiting efforts. That was bound to step on some toes and possibly hurt some feelings.

Plus apparently the writer forgets that every year there are young men that decommit.

We play to a standard - Kirby Smart

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg

• Wartdawg
  • Away
  • Junkyard Dawg
More
3 years 18 hours ago #72600 by Buc
If the past x number of years told us nothing more than what was said above . . . . Concentrating their/our recruiting efforts in another direction has happened. For sure something needed to change. Change at head coach was the first step that needed to be taken.

Coach Smart now is the final word, and he will be judged on his merits or lack of. I think that Kirby Smart is an honorable man, I believe he cares about the student athlete.

One thing I feel sure of, Coach Smart cares about the fan base, otherwise he would have remained in Tuscaloosa. Kirby Smart with all of his time in Alabama was ready to return to Athens. Anyone doubting his sincerity should not judge until the final chapter is written. For sure Kirby Smart is not letting any grass grow under his feet, man has a motor. That is the way he played football when wearing the Red and Black.

I sure am glad that Coach Smart did not accept the offer made by the previous head coach to return to Athens and become another casualty. Nick Saban is a "Smart" man in more ways than one.

Many interesting days ahead. Always interesting when there is "significant" change.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, DAWGtm

More
3 years 16 hours ago - 3 years 16 hours ago #72603 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic RECRUITING - - - A "Real Beginning"
Buc i've thought about this to me Kirby is Real change like going from a moped to a 1900 cc drag bike.

I would love to hear from lets say Nick Chubb or that guy named Lenoard Floyd had to say about Kirby an company.

I Bet LF will be a totally different player or if not he might be holding a clip board.

Have to stop getting way to Hyped just thinking don't give a damn about our wins or loses.

All i want to see is a team with no QUIT nobody taking a play off and some head knocking but most of all wrap up tackles I no this will be fixed.

Its funny KB believes in teaching the Basics of football wow that sounds amazing how did he figure that out at 40.

Just old fashion line up and do your job because if you don't he WILL make you pull you out raise hell an say just stand and watch somebody do the job maybe thats the best way for you to learn.

PROUD TO BE A DAWG I know my Daddy would love it he wanted Kirby back in 09.

He was a deacon in the church for ever but he said what i said i want a coach not a preacher coach. :dry: :huh:

Enjoy the day friends.

Sadler 40 is going to be the high temp. tom. good day to let the Harley rest.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
3 years 16 hours ago #72604 by Buc
Dawg With Style, a really good post, thanks.

Often when I see you post, the first thought I have is your Dad. Remember the photos.

Another thought that comes to my mind is Tae Crowder when I see DWS posts.

Coach Smart has talent in Athens . . . . I just don't believe there is enough talent (depth) yet for Kirby Smart to be judged. I say that because I know what the talking heads and bleeding hearts are going to do, that is guaranteed.

Ole Miss in my opinion is doing nothing less than getting stronger. They are building depth and will be much more of a force in the future. We play them at their house next season.

Still stand on what myself and others have said on this board about the offensive and defensive lines. Building the depth needed on the two fronts is not an easy task . . . . unless "leadership" recognizes and focuses on those two areas. We finally have leadership that understands what two stout fronts can accomplish. Foundation laid, strong football teams, year after year. Grew tired of the "roller coaster ride".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
3 years 14 hours ago #72606 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic RECRUITING - - - A "Real Beginning"
Coach Smart will not pin his future on a couple of elite recruits.
Lose one, maybe grab two.
The days of "look at who I got" are over.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds