Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

6 years 1 month ago #78333 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All.

Like many I am catching breath after the events of NSD.

In poker it was a Royal Flush

Our success in recruiting will bear fruit going forward for many seasons.

IMHO …. Leaves no question that CKS was a very key factor in Alabama’s years of successfully recruiting the number one class….

And following the Tide lead…. Once getting the recruits on campus to coach them up… brings winning football to a program…

Like to acknowledge a huge and key element that can get lost easily… to our recruiting success……

Just a few short years ago our then HC walked away from recruiting the very fertile area of Columbus,Ga….

It wasn’t worth his time to stop and speak to the local Bulldog Clubs…

It was noted on this board just what a terrible mistake this was….

After being named HC..Kirby reached out to a former HS coach from Columbus to join his staff…

From day one Coach Dell (Mcgee) proved to be a huge recruiting asset.

It is totally fitting that Coach Dell has been named Rivals’s College Recruiter of the Year….. Congratulations……..

Yup…… that’s Georgia just being Georgia….

As Buc posted earlier...and I am in total agreement....Never been a fan of Coach Mullen….. I think even less now since his unkind remark about our 2018 recruiting class…. “ A Blind Squirrel can find a nut once in awhile” almost a Muschimp …. This will come back to bite him....Something about a Gator….. prevents you from showing any class…..

Coaching staff has many new tools to work with….

This #sicem18 group will be fun to watch develop…..

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always….. “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 1 month ago #78334 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Having thought a little more on the Mullen statement, takes me to this . . . .

mullen might want to rethink his remark about “acorn/s”. Would not call any of these young men “acorns”. Fully understand his point, but . . . .

Watched mullen on the sideline after the Dawgs kicked his football team up and down the field, stood as a statue not showing any coaching ability, reminded me of a coach that was prone to the same type of stance on the sidelines prior to Kirby Smart.

Feel there is a right way and a “back door way” to excite the gator fan base, unfortunately mullen chose the way he was taught by a prior coach in gator land, the urban meyer way.

mullen will without a doubt try to repeat what success the gators had using the urban meyer RPO offense some years back. Hope he does not get as sick as urban did and have to leave the program. When you reach my age it is usually easy to recognize those that have yet to “mature”. Muschamp seems to have learned his lesson, not sure this cocky you know what will ever reach the mature level.

One thing for sure . . . . Kirby Smart will not take this up and allow the media to have a field day with a comment, he will settle this “after school, behind the barn”. Ah, the good old days have returned to Athens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
6 years 1 month ago #78335 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Exactly Buc...... HC knows the best way to use print fodder.....

Enjoying the heads....still yacking about how we will be less of a factor this season..

Sounds all to familiar.....

Kirby has.put the call out for G game attendance...... April 21rst at 4pm. On ESPN..

Hearing that there will be play packages for Justin..... zero though on redshirt....my how things

Have changed..... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, growl

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 1 month ago #78336 by Buc
With Kirby's arrival comes more and more media attention. Some of the talking heads over the past few days have referred to Georgia Football as the "hot ticket" for young football recruits. There is a reason for that . . . . Smart and Company are putting in the necessary work, work required to become the "hot ticket". Beats the old "desk brigade" that too often had recruits coming to them. Page has turned in the Georgia Football Book. Have you noticed the difference in the way media is approaching Kirby these days yd1? Kirby has the gavel in his hand, they have come to realize that. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #78338 by Buc
Glenn Schumann is pointed out in the video below by Quay Walker. Another important hire by Smart. Feel that Schumann will be to Smart what Smart was to Saban. One of Smart's priorities in hiring coaches is their ability to recruit. Dell McGee for example, or James Coley, or Sam Pittman, or take your choice. Do not see an end to keeping solid players in the State of Georgia . . . . and reaching out to other states, as in Bush from Texas, Mays from Tennessee, Campbell from Florida, Tindall from South Carolina. Damn right a coaching change was needed. Who knows, we get lucky and find a Athletic Director. Just saying . . . .

georgia.247sports.com/Video/Four-star-Qu...GA-8123319?View=Full

Edit . . . . Add this. Coach Saban said to Kirby Smart, do not leave Tuscaloosa until you are hired to lead. Sage advice. Kirby might be the only assistant that Saban has had over the years that he felt he "needed". I believe that has become a FACT now that Kirby Smart is leading Georgia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 1 month ago #78339 by Buc
Looking around the internet, came up with this article.

Think if I was Dan Mullen I would look in the direction of FSU. If he thinks he can overlook the Seminoles, got another butt kicking coming, just like the kicking that a Kirby Smart coached team put on him in 2017. South Carolina is getting their act together and their head coach no longer has any love for the gators. Continue to run your mouth, just be prepared to find another job in college football if you can't back up what your potty mouth is spewing. Cannot remember when I have wanted to see a Georgia/gator game more than the upcoming 2018 contest.

www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georgia-footba...ent-flat-wrong-2018/
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds