Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

6 years 4 months ago #77872 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
You had to be fast Chief....There are only two days of summer in Maine....

I think being on the coast the ocean and wind makes it feel even colder

Fireplace going....chili and cornbread. For supper

Life is good.....blessed

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #77873 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
You are so right, I used to ride my 10 speed bike from Bath to Topsham every day back and forth to work on the ship so I kept pretty well in shape. About 15 miles one way and no flat ground. July the fourth was summer there as far as I knew.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 4 months ago #77875 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Some thoughts . . . .

Jeremy Pruitt now the head coach at Tennessee will in my opinion move the SEC East forward, in a matter of time probably the East will be stronger than the West. Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina and Florida have head coaches that I believe now surpass the West side of the SEC.

Other side of that coin . . . . Pruitt now in Tennessee will actually aid Saban/Alabama as if that was needed. Alabama has a strong background under Saban, championships to prove it. Talented high school players will continue to find their way to Tuscaloosa with the belief (proven) that they will compete for championships. Going to be tougher for teams in the West to compete regularly, my opinion.

East at some point in the near future is going to be a “battle royal” for the right to play for the SEC title in Atlanta. SEC East will make it much more difficult for some teams to compete for talented players, that also includes out of conference universities.

At this point the hiring of Kirby Smart has proven to be a very good move, made before the serious shuffling of head coaches in the SEC.

I believe that the upcoming recruit signings (2018 Class) is super important for UGA. Feel it will give us that “extra step” needed to compete yearly. 2018 recruits, say again, real important to build on what appears to be a solid foundation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
6 years 4 months ago #77876 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Good read Buc..... many times we have commented about the difference of....rebuilding and

Reloading......Alabama has in the Saban era ....reloaded.....players and coaches...

Imho.....we have through recruiting moved into the reloading... as part of CKS’s process...

I also believe our 2018 class will be loaded....with....players who can build quality depth quickly..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 4 months ago #77880 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Trenton Thompson returning in 2018. Glad to read that. Stays healthy, this is huge for our defense. Trenton needs a solid year in the SEC before entering the NFL.

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #77884 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Man that is a blessing, I look for him to be rock steady in 2018, one of my favorites!!!!! Good start on Senior leadership

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds