Forum

The main reason UGA will beat Oklahoma.

6 years 4 months ago #77837 by BulldogShannon
The main reason UGA will beat Oklahoma. was created by BulldogShannon
We will hear for the next 25 days how UGA must match up against Mayfield. But I submit to you, that Oklahoma needs to worry about matching up with UGA.

We can go on for three pages on trends, match ups, computer algorithms, etc. , but it is really quite simple. Here it is in a nutshell.

1. Oklahoma plays in the Big 12, which throws the ball. Therefore, you would expect a defense to rank pretty highly against the run since they don't face many teams who run it too much. Oklahoma ranks FOURTIETH in the nation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They give up 4.2 yards per carry on defense.

2. Oklahoma's starting running has 900 yards. Our SECOND string running back has 900+ yards and our 3rd string RB has 600. In short, UGA will run it down OU's throats.

3. Oklahoma gave up 35 points to Kansas State. Vanderbilt played Kansas State this year, and gave up 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Oklahoma gave up 52 points to Ok. State, 42 to a 1-11 Baylor team, 38 to Iowa State, and at least 30+ points to half the teams they played. Is there ANYONE out there who believes UGA won't do better than any of these teams on offense?

The whole point of this post is to say that UGA will rush for 300 yards on this team. Instead of Baker Mayfield getting 12 possessions per game, he will get about 9-10 in this one because we will chew the clock. If we get just ONE turnover, and we continue to kickoff into the end zone and then get our 50 yards punts, Oklahoma will simply not have enough drives to beat us.

UGA 38 Oklahoma 28

BOOK IT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• BulldogShannon
  • BulldogShannon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 4 months ago #77839 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic The main reason UGA will beat Oklahoma.
Bulldoghannon......good to hear from you..... Spock logic...
Sooners have not played a team like the Dawgs.... Heads keep talking like ... It’s Georgia..

Way over our heads....

Two game shoot out ..... thinking how Assburn looked so good at home..then

We showed up.... you know what game two looked like....

Dawgs regained...focus.....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, SouthernDawg

More
6 years 4 months ago #77841 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic The main reason UGA will beat Oklahoma.
Defense will beat Oklahoma, cover guys will step up their game, Lecount getting more playing time as of late, and as stated grind it out and keep Mayfield off the field

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
6 years 4 months ago #77843 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic The main reason UGA will beat Oklahoma.
Most people I've talked to look at me like I'm speaking sanskrit when I tell them that Oklahoma doesn't scare me at all. Immediately I get labeled as an arrogant SEC homer. Whatever. I know football and everything BulldogShannon said is spot on.

Mayfield isn't used to seeing the type of swarming defense he'll see on New Years Day and nor is their d-line used to seeing a program that has 5 stud backs rotating in and out with fresh legs that never get tired. UGA has beaten so many teams this year on physical conditioning alone, and the S&C program to me truly is the unsung hero of this season's success. We've worn down several opponents (Miss State and S. Carolina game come to mind) so badly that by the fourth quarter they're just sucking wind and bent over at the waist with hands on the knees.

The only question mark in my mind this game is pass coverage, but I'm not to terribly concerned about it. Adjustments will be made like they were against the Gus Bus Troops.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 4 months ago #77846 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic The main reason UGA will beat Oklahoma.
Ball control, control the clock, keep OU's offense off the field, and play good defense when their offense is on the field.

GATA! Woof!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 4 months ago #77847 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic The main reason UGA will beat Oklahoma.
I've watched both teams pretty doggone closely throughout the year. I have no doubt that Georgia is the better team.

If Mason Rudolph doesn't throw an interception in the end zone in the 4th quarter Oklahoma State wins Bedlam. If we don't try to throw 40 yards down field on 4th and 8 then Oklahoma State wins Bedlam (just move the damn chains).

OU has no defense. They won't be able to keep Georgia from running the ball and chewing clock.

GATA! Woof!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds