Forum

Where We Are

6 years 5 months ago #77619 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Where We Are

thriller wrote: I'm following this thread with a lot of interest . . . btw guys . . . THIS thread is what makes this site great - REALLY good football talk, agreement or not.

I'll say this. I don't think we're as bad as we looked against Auburn, and I don't think Auburn is as good as they looked. Having gone back and looked at the "game in 30 minutes", which has all of the plays without all of the stuff in between, we didn't stink up the first half nearly as much as I remembered. In fact, we had some pretty good plays, none of which would have come to mind without going back and reviewing the game. I think Auburn was up and we were down, and then we added to that problem with stupidity. Hopefully, it was an aberration. BUT, if it was a genuine reflection of how good or bad we are, then it is what it is and nothing - not even firing Chaney - is going to change the outcome of this season. Not at this late date, it's not.

I think we need more of a passing threat - it seems we are all in agreement. With Hardman, Godwin and Wims, along with Woerner or Nauta, and Chubb/Michel/Swift/Herrien/Holyfield, it's really hard to understand the lack of offensive production against Auburn.

I'll finish with this. I hope Georgia Tech is the ONLY football team that exists this week (as far as UGA is concerned). Otherwise, we may get a beat down this coming weekend. I'm tired of losing to them.

I'll worry about Atlanta NEXT week.

Thriller, very well said my man! And you’re right we can’t be looking past GT!

It took all the will power I had in me to rewatch the Auburn fiasco again last Monday. Like you, that’s when I realized how good we looked at times in the first half and how bad we failed at times, uncharacteristic mistakes that I’m certain are still being worked on.

We aren’t the perfect team that we all want us to be but we are a really damn good team with lots of talent. And from what I’ve seen this year that’s about all you need to be crowned the NC.

I really want to harp on Chaney but it won’t do me any good. Like you I have no idea why he can’t spread the ball to all of our playmakers. Hardman, Swift and Michel are one move away from breaking lose for 6! I personally would be getting the ball at least once or twice a game to Chubb on an end around and a dump pass. Once he gets rolling we all know how hard he is to take down. Quick passes to our playmakers and TE’s will wreck havoc on any D and open our lethal run game. We are just a few tweaks away from being “great” if ya ask me. I wanna keep going but I’ll stop...

PS- Holyfield wants the rock!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds