Forum

EXPECTATIONS

6 years 7 months ago #76803 by growl
EXPECTATIONS was created by growl
I realize that the team took a big hit this last weekend with the injury of Jacob Eason, but I'm not ready to concede anything to anybody in any Game or for that matter the season. I also realize that the loss of experience at the QB position will lead to a different game plan until JF gets his feet firmly planted and there will be ups and downs for the team. That being said we are very lucky to have the right guy in the right spot at the right time and we have to step up and pull our end of this deal. No reason to drink any "kool aid" and think its all going to be like we expected, it could go either way, just have to hope for the best. Its all up to the Coaches now to Coach 'em up. Hopefully the players will take the initiative to get better individually like Blankenship apparently did over the off season. GO DAWGS!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #76804 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic EXPECTATIONS
Enough film study of the link below for me to draw a conclusion or two.

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #76805 by growl
Replied by growl on topic EXPECTATIONS
Buc I've tried with no success to get that link to work, would like to see it.

• growl
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 7 months ago #76807 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic EXPECTATIONS
growl, not sure what the problem is. I went to the post and it worked well for me again. Believe you would enjoy watching.

Notre Dame is big on using tightends. Feel sure our coaches are aware. Fact is UGA has a stable full of really good tightends.

Say again, lots of talent on the offensive side.

Also noticed that ND played their top players for a long stretches, maybe for the first time in a long time we will "out DEPTH" an opponent. Fingers crossed. #68, left tackle is supposed to be the star on the offensive line, noticed he also uses the Georgia Tech offensive line blocking methods. Here is hoping that we don't have knee injuries. He will have his hands full with Georgia. Will be interesting to see how our defensive coaches game plan.

This in my mind is a game that we need to be involved in. On the road, underdog. Games like this, Georgia was not successful playing against the past x number of years. Had problems with ranked teams. Some mention that the previous head coach had a lot of success on the road. Took some time to look at "some" of the victories . . . . many of the opponents we were supposed to handle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
6 years 7 months ago #76808 by growl
Replied by growl on topic EXPECTATIONS
Thanks Buc, finally gave up on the computer and tried my I phone, works like a charm. See what you mean about #68 using the chop, liable to get someone hurt. Otherwise ND looked better than they did. Like us we' ll have to wait til Saturday night to get the whole story. GO DAWGS!!GATA

The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sflanagan21

• growl
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #76809 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic EXPECTATIONS
my expectations haven't changed, because I started the season with basic ones. And just because Eason took a seat on the bench to deal with a knee injury doesn't change my view on things.

Look - this is why you recruit. This is why you build depth. If you look at really successful teams, they have depth. CKS talked about this extensively in his first week on the job. He clearly said that there was no depth. We have 2 quarterbacks that would start for any team they played on as true freshman. Fact. We have an embarrassment of riches at running back. Fact. So guess what? It's time for the 5 star phenom to do 5 star things on the field. Injuries happen. It won't be the last one we have this season. It's Fromm's show now. Time to put one on. For a young man who seems to thrive in the limelight, then let's git r' done. It's time for the running backs to do what running backs do. It's time for our line to prove that they're not a bunch of powder puffs. It's time for our offensive coordinator to jot the post-it notes down in a spiral binder and call it a play book.

Georgia should win this game vs. ND. ND was a 4-8 team last year that is outsized on both sides of the ball. This is a defense that gave up nearly 400 yards a game to the offense last year, were -4 on turnovers a game and only converted 22% of 3rd downs. Seriously. Despite the hype of this game, this really should be a Georgia affair from start to finish.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds