Forum

A Second UGA Thought . . . .

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #76537 by Buc
A Second UGA Thought . . . . was created by Buc
There is little doubt in my mind that one thing missing is . . . .

Year after year those of us that believe UGA Football will make a step forward. At that precise point when the season is over that we won 10 games more or less . . . . we, UGA are not in the “Final Four”. Why?

Until the “coaching staff” can find a way to be a part of the “Final Four” . . . . UGA is no different than any of the teams that are not selected for the “Final Four”. That is over 100 football teams.

Ohio State, and Alabama find their way to the National Championship, often. Last two years Clemson has been there.

At this point, cannot accept what I have watched in Athens since the early 80’s, actually longer than that . . . .

We (UGA) had number 34 and a group of players that played their butts off. Seems to me that was "lost" and not found since then. Correct me if I am wrong.

Sooner or later comes down to this and has been said often . . . . Have all of the talent in the “universe” on the football field . . . . Coaching is what gets the job done.

If the above is not true . . . . Why is it that meyer and Saban continue to make their way into the “Final Four”? Talent level of the players or . . . . coaches?

Kirby Smart has to do “something” that has not been done since the 1980’s. What is that?

Coaching, this old man believes that our offensive coordinator is not, is not, the right leader. That is following up on what ogredawg said from the outset. Chaney has “never” been surrounded with the talent that he was hired to coach in Athens. FACT. What now will Chaney do with all of this talent? Speaking entirely to the offensive side of the game.

I believe that our “Future” comes down to this . . . . Two highly rated offensive linemen from the State of Georgia. We know who they are. This in my mind is "recruiting". Both of these young men understand what they can and cannot do. Both are going to the Professional game. Another FACT.

At some point the "talk" needs to end when discussing keeping "talent" home. If "we" ever accomplish that . . . . Auburn is "finished". I said that.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 9 months ago #76538 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic A Second UGA Thought . . . .
Good read Buc, absolutely correct.....missing link is coaching..... we have not reached

Our potential with any of the previous coaches since the 1980's

As stated we have wandered in the woods for too long......

Much like we have done with another OC. ..... Bozo has to go go....

Oddly one could argue he has been the best we have had recent times......

Equally odd is how and who we lose confidence in players or coaches in only one season....

Short time with Shotty. Longer with Towel...... best we can hope for is something clicks with CJC

HC..... decisions. Looming....... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
6 years 9 months ago #76539 by growl
Replied by growl on topic A Second UGA Thought . . . .
The team we have this year needs to make a giant leap forward for UGA to be relevant in the SEC, not just the East, not so sure the offense can hold up its side of the bargain. They could possibly with the right man at the helm.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
6 years 9 months ago #76540 by yankeedawg1
Agree growl....

Need to see us come with a different attitude...

Yawn......same ole same oh won't get it done......

Need to be able to say after the ND....game .that maybe we have truly found the meaning of improvement..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
6 years 9 months ago #76541 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic A Second UGA Thought . . . .
Mistakes were made in coaching hires. Only way to rectify that mistake is to be a contender in 2017. Any less is failure

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
6 years 9 months ago #76542 by yankeedawg1
Agreement....ogredawg.....

Go Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds