Forum

From Athens - Game Day Friday # 8

7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #75426 by yankeedawg1
From Athens - Game Day Friday # 8 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Weather has been absolutely beautiful the past two weeks. Cool nights and day time highs upper 70’s low 80’s.

Growl I am still working the grill most every night love it….

Really have spent the last two weeks thinking about our teams present and future…. Past is just that history…. Regardless who the coaches were at the time….

I still hold to the idea that CKS first year is 24 months long…. Looking at a single game or his first season does not provide a clear picture imho as how the process is progressing…… we will know more when his recruits arrive on campus…. I feel several will be impact players who will make a positive improvement to our team from day one…. A very good thing….

I am also a big baseball fan….. I have lived long enough to see the Cubs and Indians in the same World Series….. truly a sporting miracle… congratulations to both teams….

Buc… I know you and others here also are connected to baseball and enjoy the game…

Much is said about baseball players having the tools to play the game at a higher level….I have had much enjoyment watching young players develop their skills….

Same with teams gaining experience feeling the chemistry growing between players and coaches….

The same is with football…. Young players and teams growing and improving their skills….. coaching them in any sport….

No questions we have talent like we always have had…. Sadly in the past we have missed the opportunity to use that talent in ways to produce teams playing for SECC’s and winning.

I still believe while we have talent as in the past the mix and depth of the talent has caused us problems that we are still fighting to correct…

Poor coaching and shotgun recruiting….. rather than the development of quality position depth with playing experience…

We are learning under our new coaches to be proactive rather than reactive….as we were in the past… as we have talked about here many times….it is a process…. One that starts with quality recruiting……

We are all waiting….. and asking…. Will this be the game that we

Grow up and play a complete game for 60 minutes ?

Another week for the pups to be on the big stage…..

Answers will start around 3:40 Saturday afternoon…..

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week…

As always… “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 5 months ago #75429 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Game Day Friday # 8
Typical Danielson . . . . stir the pot, LOOK AT ME. Not like Danielson does not understand "some" x's and o's, prefers to draw attention to himself. Interesting comments to the article.

www.seccountry.com/sec/gary-danielson-fl...crowd-not-5050-split
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #75432 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Game Day Friday # 8
Time to check in with your game day menus.

Pulled pork, Connie's potato salad, sweet tea, assorted munchies.
Might crank the grill up for ribs.

And, of course, cold ones and stuff.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

7 years 5 months ago #75447 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Game Day Friday # 8
As is the tradition at my house on Ga/FL GameDay is grilled gator tail and beer

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 5 months ago #75454 by SBR1969
Replied by SBR1969 on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday # 8
Well, up early getting prepared. Taking the wife and 11 year old son to the game today. Son has never been and has been excited all week. Wife is a Gator, so I hope she comes home terribly disappointed. She isn't really a football crazy person like me. I haven't been to this game in over a decade myself. I bought tickets to the game after the Tennessee loss. Even though it was a loss I felt like the players had really stepped up their game and we were moving in the right direction. Felt pretty good. Then Vanderbilt happened. Not sure what the day will hold. I know this. This has to be mistake free football. I have seen this particular game decided over and over again because of just a handful of plays. Special Teams has always seemed to be a killer for us in this game. Hope they spent quality time working on that during the off week. After the Vanderbilt game I thought about trying to unload the tickets, but then my little one brought me back to reality. He doesn't dwell on the loss and hasn't even talked about Vanderbilt. All he has talked about is his love of Georgia (especially I.M.) and how he wants to see them beat Florida. Oh the innocence of childhood. I wish I could be like him and move to the next game with no thoughts of the last one. I have decided I am taking his attitude to the game with me and we are going to have a great time no matter what. GO DAWGS!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds