Forum

From Athens: Bye Week Friday

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75353 by yankeedawg1
From Athens: Bye Week Friday was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

First off very happy to hear from DWS…..

If’s and butts were candy and nuts… what a wonderful world this would be….

Warnings were issued about the bleeding hearts and Richbots and how they appear when any difficulties with football team developed…

True to form…. They have shown up several times this season…..

It is difficult for me to understand with only a short time as our HC why is there such an outcry to have him replaced…..

I am not saying we need to wait 15 years like we have done but …..this is way way to soon….hasn’t even had the opportunity to play people who he has recruited….

There are howls that he hasn’t got any HC experience…. Yada Yada…

Brian Kelly has been a HC since 1991…. Has had measured success…prior to his current tenure of six years at Notre Dame….

Yes he did play in and lost a NC game….. ND has lost to Duke and NC State….. this year and currently is 2-5…..

Even our darling Tom Herman had a year at Houston (2015) to learn the ropes of being a head coach…. Houston Losing to Navy was a splash of ice water to their program this year….. as the Lady Sports writer posted

CKS is not CNS…. And he is …not Will Muschimp…. He is however our HC….

In other words head coaches don’t come with guarantees….. building a program isn’t flipping a light switch

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week…

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm, SouthernDawg, BullDawg2010, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75355 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Bye week Friday
yankeedawg1, so many great points you make above.

One of which you said . . . .

In other words head coaches don’t come with guarantees….. building a program isn’t flipping a light switch

Begins to sound like the same "chatter" that has followed UGA Football for many years.

Many things you said in this BPS that can be quoted and repeated without "ducking". My bet is there will be some voices expressing their views, because that is UGA Football "chatter" for more years than I can count.

You also posted . . . .

I am not saying we need to wait 15 years like we have done but …..this is way way to soon….hasn’t even had the opportunity to play people who he has recruited….

There will be more, and I am glad that you listed Kimberley. Special "Lady" that has a very good understanding of a . . . . "excuse me" . . . . a man's game. I read her regularly and post there.

More to come yd1, and yes it was good to see DWS back. Tough guy working his way through some things. Great respect for DWS.

Smart and Company have seven(7) games under their belts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75356 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Bye week Friday
Kirbpologist...

I just get tired of reading the term bleeding heart. Makes me want to poke back.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75358 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Bye week Friday
Bleeding heart.

You come on here and admit you don't even watch games. You are a best only a very casual observer of college football and don't even trouble yourself with catching an actual UGA game every now and then. You've proven yourself to be have very little knowledge of the game in general, so poke away.

Others here may take a different tone than I do and won't say what I will, but I recognized you for the troll you are very early, so like I said... poke away... they may not say it but probably few here put any stock in what you say.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, BullDawg2010, growl

More
7 years 6 months ago #75360 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic Bye week Friday
Good read as always YD.

Agree with everything you've said in the OP.

Wart keeping it real as always.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 6 months ago #75368 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens: Bye Week Friday
I am glad it is bye week. The stress level is off the meter.

The thing I see is exactly what I expected. There are not many readers out in media land that get into deep thinking about the game like we do on Dawgs.com.
The MR supporters I speak with don't even talk about the team. They will talk about a player that did something they read in the media and that's about all they know about the team. They think MR was winning the games all by himself.

All that will pass.

I am not concerned about this being Kirby's first year as a HC. He was prepared and ready. He knows the system here and has a fire in his gut to make the home team proud.

More importantly, the Gators need to be sent packing with a L in Jacksonville.
GO DAWGS!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds