Forum

GAME DAY: USCe VS UGA

7 years 5 months ago #75172 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: USCe VS UGA
Oh and I do totally get that you keep running until they stop it and I'm fine we did that, but when it was a passing situation it was obvious and the playcalls were a bit dubious. With Eason's lack of experience; obvious pass and slow developing is a bad combination. Use a screen... mix in the big TE's a bit.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #75174 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic GAME DAY: USCe VS UGA

Wartdawg wrote:

dawgs_fans_dad wrote: It's a conference road W, but not much more.

Hopefully Eason gets more accurate before the Florida game.

...and hopefully we go into the Florida game with a plan on offense more reminiscent of the one we had vs Tennessee than the one we had today.

I know Eason was way off today, but he's very young and very raw and we have to get him some early confidence and rhythm. Our gameplan had none of that today. No easy swing passes.. very little use of the tightends. almost no use of slants or an intermediate passes... screens. It was run, run, run, run, run and then when we did pass there were a lot of slow developing fairly deep throws.

Against UT, we mixed things up a bit more... gave Eason a couple of easy completions.. got him in a rhythm....

No excuses for Eason's performance, but I don't think the play calling did him any favors.

Speaking of screen passes, I believe we called one yesterday, but t got blown up.

But before the South Carolina game, I can't recall one screen pass. So 6 games in we've called one screen to the Halfback.

I've really been disappointed with the play calling this year honestly. I was disappointed overall with the Chaney hire to begin with, and so far he's called one decent game against Tennessee.

I want to say it's bc we have a freshman Qb, so he's not opening up the playbook, but then I remember his play calling at Arkansas and Tennessee. It's more of the same tbh. Very disappointed.

More
7 years 5 months ago #75175 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic GAME DAY: USCe VS UGA
Will take the win. O-line continues to get better run blocking. I think it shows what we have in Pittman. Like pointing out kids for improvement. Kublanow is playing extremely hard. Very impressed with him over the last couple of games. Eason struggled. Can't remember a true freshman QB that hasn't had those type of games. Very talented, tough kid, but he is missing some reads for sure.

I think Chaney has done a decent job. We had a few plays dialed up we just missed. On the pick, Mckenzie was wide open on the corner. Had a deep route, Eason was late on, and he missed quite a few throws. Also believe Mckenzie had another ball hit him in between the numbers in the end zone. Defense was good on the play, but a play you have to make.

Will take a win in Columbia and run with it. Defense is continuing to improve. Guys are flying around. Pleased with the effort after the ole miss game. Could get picky on calls and game management, but kids are playing hard. Not easy for a coach to motivate kids after getting embarrassed and then losing on a hail mary. So I give the staff an A.

GO DAWGS - will say again, effort can be a great equalizer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
7 years 5 months ago #75177 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: USCe VS UGA
AllDawgs5, maybe you have read the article below, if not, good read.

Crossed fingers for several of these young men making their way to Athens.

Friday night and Kirby Smart watching the game, at some point he presence will mean a lot to our program, referring to keeping the talent home.

www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/s...ar-dt-aubrey-solomon

More
7 years 5 months ago #75178 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic GAME DAY: USCe VS UGA
Buc, Hadn't seen the article. Fingers definitely crossed. Kirby is going to start bringing in recruiting classes like we have never seen, if he continues to win. We can't have another ole miss performance.

Have a feeling Pittman is going to have a big day in February.

Go DAWGS - we win out, wouldn't surprise me to see us land in the top 3 recruiting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds