Forum

MONDAY MORNING before game 5

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #74901 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic MONDAY MORNING START UP
Read a couple of gator blogs this morning. Thought I was reading about past coaching performances of our team. Many were chirping about sitting on the lead, coaching staff not wanting to run the score up. Apparently there were no changes made at halftime, according to a couple of players that spoke after the game. Other side of that, 21/3 lead at halftime, what really needed to be changed.

Going with AllDawgs5 on his comment above. Our players and coaches seemed to be in a funk from the get to. Goes back to what ogredawg said in his post on Sunday . . . . he watched us warm up prior to the start and to him it seemed our players were not in the “right frame of mind”. Ogredawg was at the game, he played the game in another lifetime, understands how emotions are “normally” shown.

I do remember watching Erk before “every game” mixing with the players, he knew that many times we did not match up well against certain teams, he however built every player up and also built a fire under their butts.

Personally believe part of what I am seeing is players that have not bought into the coaching change. That happens, do believe as mentioned by AD5 that we have talent on the sideline, also believe that we are going to see a lot of that talent being used more in 2016.

From where I sit, Tennessee is not as strong as Ole Miss. If our team, playing between the Hedges cannot muster up their football talent, sad day for those of us that want to see what was said above . . . . Step up and hit them in their chops.

Tennessee is going to run a lot against our defensive line. Meaning inside maybe more so than outside. Not sold on their passing game, also not sold on our coverage skills. Tennessee has some scary games facing them in 2016. They know that beating Georgia is a must and I expect to see that kind of effort from them.

Hate that Nick Chubb hurt his ankle. Also liked what I saw from our Freshmen running backs. As mentioned above, this 2016 group has a lot of talent. We are at a point as early as it is on our schedule, find out who wants to play. Often hear it said that leave #10 at the quarterback position, learn through playing. Why does that not apply to offensive and defensive linemen? Just asking.

Go Dawgs, a lot to be learned about our team 10/1/2016.

EDIT:

A comment that stuck with me after the Ole Miss game, comment from Freeze.

Was asked by the reporter on the field why he had left Kelly in the second half. Freeze said . . . . "We have lost a couple of games in the second half, that maybe we could have won". Friends that is what I label as "Coaching Them Up"!
The following user(s) said Thank You: AllDawgs5, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #74902 by Buc
AD5, added an Edit, don't know if you got to see it. Believe you would agree with that.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #74903 by Buc
For what it is worth . . . . Would not be surprised to see Tom Herman hired as head coach for LSU. This thought and post is along the lines of SEC Football. Did not want to start another thread. If so, Boss can move it. Tom Herman would make the Westside of the SEC even stronger.

On December 9, 2011, Urban Meyer selected Herman as his offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for the Buckeyes. On December 9, 2014, after leading Ohio State's fourth ranked offense to their first national title since 2002, while playing two backup quarterbacks, Herman was awarded the Broyles Award, given annually to the nation's top assistant coach.

God Bless Arnold Palmer.

More
7 years 6 months ago #74904 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic MONDAY MORNING START UP
Buc, nailed it on the experience front. As I said, I can live with, hey we are playing a bunch of young guys, and they are going to make some mistakes. Don't see that right now. Hope and believe it will change. We talk about adjustments. Didn't see many Saturday, or the past Saturday. Didn't really understand our defensive scheme either. Saw a lot of 4 man rush, linebackers dropping in the middle, and corner locking up in man on the outside. Still a little puzzled. Our inside backers don't cover well, our corners don't play the ball at all, and we continue to put them in those situations. Hell bring the house, and at least dictate who the aggressor is going to be. It was obvious trying to play coverage wasn't the answer. I was very confused at the defense scheme.

Tenn throws the deep ball pretty well, and they have very similar wr's to ole miss. Big, fast, and looking to make plays. If we do not come ready, outcome will be very similar to what we saw saturday. O-line better man up, ut has some very good football players on up front.

GO DAWGS. All we ask for is passion, and energy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 6 months ago #74905 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic MONDAY MORNING START UP
From what I saw Saturday prior to the start of the game is this team not buying into the system. Not all the players but a lot of them. After watching them play confirmed my belief.

Thought we would really have a good shot of going 12-2 based on the talent that we have, now based on what I saw 6-6 at best maybe just maybe with a little luck (used that all up against Mizzou me thinks) 7-5, and a bowl trip to Memphis or Birmingham.

2-3 years gents until Kirby has his players in place. Get used to it for now.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, AllDawgs5, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 6 months ago #74906 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic MONDAY MORNING START UP

Buc wrote: For what it is worth . . . . Would not be surprised to see Tom Herman hired as head coach for LSU. This thought and post is along the lines of SEC Football. Did not want to start another thread. If so, Boss can move it. Tom Herman would make the Westside of the SEC even stronger.

On December 9, 2011, Urban Meyer selected Herman as his offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for the Buckeyes. On December 9, 2014, after leading Ohio State's fourth ranked offense to their first national title since 2002, while playing two backup quarterbacks, Herman was awarded the Broyles Award, given annually to the nation's top assistant coach.

God Bless Arnold Palmer.

Don't think it will be Herman, Read he gets a 5 million bonus if UH gets into the Big12 and that is going to happen.....

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, AllDawgs5, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds