Forum

MONDAY MORNING before game 5

7 years 6 months ago #74907 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic MONDAY MORNING START UP
Ogre, good to have eyes in oxford, and I agree. It seems pretty obvious some will never be on board. Leave them at the dock is far as I am concerned. If the young pups are the ones you know will give max effort, get them out there.

I watched a particular CB get burned all day. One would think that would cause you to be a little angry, ready to unload on someone. What I saw instead was the same CB actually back pedaling to make sure he didn't have to hit.

As for lsu, I think they are going to go after jimbo hard.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #74908 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic MONDAY MORNING START UP

AllDawgs5 wrote: Ogre, good to have eyes in oxford, and I agree. It seems pretty obvious some will never be on board. Leave them at the dock is far as I am concerned. If the young pups are the ones you know will give max effort, get them out there.

I watched a particular CB get burned all day. One would think that would cause you to be a little angry, ready to unload on someone. What I saw instead was the same CB actually back pedaling to make sure he didn't have to hit.

As for lsu, I think they are going to go after jimbo hard.

GO DAWGS

Briscoe should never see the field again honestly.
Tennessee is going to pick on him just like Missouri and Ole Miss did.

I wonder if ed orgeron finds some success this season like he did a USC if he will get a shot at LSU.

I doubt it though, his stunt with Mississippi back in the day might be all it takes to keep him from getting the LSU job.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
7 years 6 months ago #74910 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic MONDAY MORNING START UP
What I have been thinking but did not want to say out loud... Ogre's report seemed to provide some proof....

Buc said.. "Personally believe part of what I am seeing is players that have not bought into the coaching change."

We have been talking about the bare cupboard and short comings. I wonder who is reading and if it is affecting their play. I hope not. Protesting a coaching change with bad play will be on their permanent record if that is what they are up to. They need to man up and show us what they got. After all, they are Georgia Dawgs.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #74911 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic MONDAY MORNING START UP
I hear some talking about not understanding the D-scheme's etc, but to that I would say this: I don't think the coaches that came here forgot how to coach when they crossed the state line.

Some say yeah the talent may be lacking a bit, but its not mid-major talent like
it looks. Well same thing goes... I don't think the players who were here last year
forgot how to play and yes... looking at players like Briscoe and the replacements
for Floyd and Jordan Jenkins... eh I'm not sure it's not mid major talent at this
point. Not sure what we've got going on over on the opposite side of Trenton Thompson either, as I haven't heard that name called all season.

There's a BIG difference in the overall talent of our D between last year and this one.

Also our tackles mean everything, and while Theus and Houston might not have been the best, Catalina doesn't have the footwork and Pyke was better suited as
a guard.

I'll stand by thinking its talent and depth and not worry about coaching.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 6 months ago #74915 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic MONDAY MORNING START UP
Everyone has the right to their own opinion. I have just seen too many staffs do a very good job with less than 5 star talent. At least enough to be competitive. And again, comparing our talent level to Nichols St. Something off about winning by 2, and feeling extremely lucky to do it.

As far a talking D schemes, Kirby struggles against the spread. Realize many do, but he hasn't had much better luck in the past years against the spread with as talented of players as anybody in the country. Might want to look at schemes.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #74916 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic MONDAY MORNING START UP
Wart Thompson played his ass off Saturday. He was double teamed the whole game. He never gave up and fought the whole game.

As for the D schemes should be the same scheme as Pruitt played the last 2 years with a few tweaks but it is the Alabama scheme, which when it boils down to it is Sabans scheme.

thecountrynation.com

More
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds