Forum

On Running Backs

7 years 8 months ago #74039 by LimeyDawg
On Running Backs was created by LimeyDawg
Who is the better RB: Chubb or Gurley?

Tough question, and the reason I ask is that the past few months have produced a great deal of drivel surrounding the doom of the Georgia program if Chubb (and Michel) can't go. This program has always had great, and I mean GREAT, running backs.

Are we supposed to believe that, in the absence of Nick Chubb and Sony Michel, that we cannot move the ball with Brendan Douglas, Crowder, Herrien and Holyfield? What if Harman is thrown in the mix? It could happen. I guess the point I'm aiming for is that, at some point, one of these kids will see an opportunity for stardom and make that mental leap from good to great.

If Eason takes the reins, I see Terry Godwin and the stable of tight ends having a banner year, which opens up the running game. Of course, with Nick Chubb threatening to start game one, I also can't help but feel that something good is brewing in Athens, and I don't mean the Dogfish Head IPA. (Okay, the IPA is good too.)

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LimeyDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 8 months ago #74040 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic On Running Backs
Totally sold on the fact that Kirby Smart made a move in the S&C area. I thought that the leader that ran the program last season had something special going on.

Have wondered why Mark Hocke was not retained. Both Smart and Hocke served together under Saban together. I was impressed with Mark, but have to admit, did not take much to impress me with the lack of movement forward under Richt. Too many changes in too many directions, a sure sign that our program was in decline.

Seems that Kirby Smart wanted more lifting, building strength from the bottom up. It has become apparent that there was some thought put into the hiring of Scott Sinclair. Kirby serving many years in a successful program went full throttle for Sinclair.

Sam Pittman is after big linemen, but he also is looking for the big guys to be incredibly strong. Offensive linemen are not in the lineup because they are "fast in the forty", Coach Sam Pittman no doubt had some input with Head Coach Kirby Smart.

It is a known fact in a short time that the offense is not going to be pushed around. As mentioned by LimeyDawg, we have always had great backs, mentioned a while back that I would loved to have seen what Knowshon Moreno could have accomplished with the type linemen Sam Pittman employs and will continue to do so. Say that for this reason . . . . Coach Pittman said publicly that UGA is his last stop. Takes me back to the beginning of this post, Smart and Company are running UGA Football differently than the previous group, stability in the coaching ranks just as high as player stability.

Coach Jim Chaney, Coach Sam Pittman along with Coach Dell McGee, running back coach, short time and UGA will be a dreaded opponent.

I believe in Atlanta against UNC, we are going to see a much different type of football displayed than we have been privy to in a long, long time.

Good read, quite frankly a "spot on" observation Sir.

More
7 years 8 months ago #74160 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic On Running Backs
Chubb...

I just can't get past gurley not following the rules. I'd be beyond shocked to see a video of Chubb signing stuff in a Corsica...or whatever kind of buggy he was in.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74190 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic On Running Backs
Limey, for me its Gurley, buts like 1a and 1b.

Nice to here the shout out to the Dogfish IPA.

I'm always hoppy when I see an IPA fan!

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds