Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

7 years 9 months ago #73914 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Much needed rain came to Athens several days this week however we are back into a drought. Parts of South Georgia are in dire need of rain.

News from our football team has been all over the chart. CKS said it best about SM broken forearm.

These are teenage kids having fun…. Accidents happen…fallen off bicycles or riding ATV’s. CKS related that he did “stuff” when he was a player and it’s all part of growing up.

SM will heal and move past this challenge….. Opportunities for others to step up and play a role….

Welcome Robert Beal…. Glad you are coming to Athens….

Been speaking about recruiting for the last two BPS and now add this week.

Off the chain…. And… many say that we are not done by a long shot…
There are some very big names that will choose to wear the “G”…..

Totally amazing what this group of coaches has done in such a short time to vastly improve our recruiting process….

Doing an excellent job of keeping home state players …. Playing for UGA while reaching out and perking the interest of players from well outside the southeast….. we have a very talented group of players on campus with more in the pipeline headed this way….

CSP is a coach on fire…. We are not going to believe what he has done in such a short period of time….. Quality OL players are looking hard at playing for CSP…. Smile comes across all our RB’s faces when asked to comment about our OL…. Road pavers ….. with more quality depth heading our way…… love it…

Into month six of the CKS era…. Still the local daily conversation is all up tempo… and very positive…. Clearly there is an understanding we will face setbacks but what I am feeling is a different attitude from coaches and players how they will handle those setbacks and bumps in the road… no question in my mind that there is a different feeling in our program about how we go about the daily tasks of building a winning football program…

Much more than the rearranging of the deck chairs….. NCdawg…..

Yes we need to see these changes play out on the field….week after week…..continuing improvement will be welcomed by all…..

Another week of waiting in the tank….closer

Pause and give thanks….

Have a great weekend and a safe week,,,

As always “ Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, SouthernDawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73916 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
yankeedawg1, I read so much about how well certain areas of our football team are doing since the "change".

A major change that I see is a leader that is confident, honest, smart and spent enough time in D1 College Football to understand how to hit the ground running. Meaning his first head coaching job.

When I think about Kirby Smart's first head coaching job is Georgia, still have to make sure I am not waking up from a dream. Not many head coaches start from coordinator and move to head coach when the stakes are so high for our conference and our university.

Muschamp comes close to being in that group, small group. As much as I have said about Muschamp and what he said while residing in Florida, deep down, I believe the Gamecocks have hired the right man to run their program. Makes no difference if he was the second choice and that is factual, fact is Muschamp is going to be a tough game every year in the SEC East.

I know this . . . . Smart and Muschamp will try their best to beat each others butts on game day. After the game, they will not have a problem breaking bread.

I look at SEC Football this way . . . . I want the best coaches coaching at every SEC University. Remember well how the SEC was looked down upon by universities like Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State and the list goes on. Took some time, but now we have those above the Mason/Dixon Line hollering "uncle". Many web sites spew hate at anything SEC, especially D1 Football.

The list of head coaches and their assistants in the SEC are not only making it difficult for those "above the line", keeps all of us in the SEC on our toes. Going to be extremely difficult for any conference to play on the same level as the SEC does, year in and year out.

Yes there was a reason 93K plus attended the G Day Game. Yes there is a reason that the game between UNC and UGA is sold out. In the South, football is king. M&M recognized that fact and started a network for SEC Sports, especially SEC Football.

yd1, we are getting closer to "live football". Matter of fact, "live football" will be "practiced in the Fall in Athens. September this board and many others will light up with the game played in Atlanta. Life is good.

Thoughts go out to those in Dallas, Texas. Stay safe sadlerdawg.

Go Dawgs, Teach'em Up!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, SouthernDawg

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73917 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Chad Clay wore No. 23, but he has since been "kicked" off the team.

The article below, liked the content, but not the "kicked" off of the team. No one was "kicked". Choose your words carefully young man, will come back to haunt you down the road.

My opinion.

Go Dawgs, maybe some of the young folks posting should take a deep breath and realize just exactly what "words mean".

www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/ug...numbers-for-freshman
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.026 seconds