Forum

Special Young Man . . . . Period

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73890 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Special Young Man . . . . Period
Read the article below posted by grittree. Site has been around for a long time.

Article makes sense, that is one way to get FANS attention without a doubt.

Earlier in this thread quoted what RCIII had said recently. He knows what he sees on campus, knows the offensive players that will play on Saturdays in Athens, and elsewhere.

This is what RCIII said . . . .

“I think we are really special and talented,” LeCounte said. “Man, that offensive line is really coming together and is very talented. Special really. We need to go ahead now and lock this linebacker group up that is going on the board for us and we will finish with our secondary. We can focus on that right now because our offense is very strong so far.”

Strong points in the article . . . . from where I sit. Agree with the article comparing Alabama and Georgia defenses over x number of years. I also know who the defensive coordinator was during that period of time. Head coach in Athens now.

Chief, Jacob Eason is "huge". Appears that our football team is going to be "huge" in the near future on offense. Coach Pittman wants the big, strong guys. Running backs and quarterbacks are definitely on board with the direction Sam Pittman is taking our offensive line.

grittree.wordpress.com/2016/06/30/defens...uga-success-in-2016/

Might want to read the following if you have not before.

grittree.wordpress.com/why-the-grit-tree/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago #73891 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Special Young Man . . . . Period
Copied the paragraph below from the grittree, posted above.

Believe that many of us had some of the same thoughts. I did, and do.

I wanted to guard my optimism this season because of the uncertain health status of Nick Chubb, questions at quarterback, and the new coaching regime. But after reading over some of the numbers in Phil Steele, my hesitation quickly turned to optimism.

Couple of questions . . . .

Where and when was it that Tennessee and Butch Jones moved past Georgia?

Butch Jones said openly that scoring on UT is almost impossible in 2016.

Did not happen on Smart and Company's watch. Guess that question does not need to be followed up with "much".

Tennessee comes to Athens, a turf that is not a place that is "rigged" against competition. I remember Marshall and Chubb's down falls in the Checkboard Stadium.

Said this more than once on this site . . . . would love to kick the ever loving "spit" out of Butch Jones and his group.

Do I believe that we will be ready to face off with UT? I do, and that is the reason that Smart and Company now reside in the Classic City. Change was needed, long before change happened.

Also . . . . Do I believe that Smart and Company are closer to the "talent" in Georgia and believe we have the coaches that will "improve" our chances of keeping "some" of the talent at home? Simple answer . . . . we will see after the 2017 Roster is complete. I doubt not.

Butch Jones is aware of what the game in Athens means to his program. Smart and Company are also aware. MR never had a "grip" on Tennessee, Florida and top 25 teams. He was exiled to Miami, took too long for that to happen.

Time for the real FANS that understand SEC Football to look closely at what is going on in our conference.

Smart and Company are building and that has been lost for many years.

Say again, Greg McGarity, stay the heck out of the way. You are not a football coach. Georgia finally has a head coach that understands "building depth". Smart spent many years as the #2 man in Tuscaloosa, and many of us see and understand that it was a very good move for Georgia Football. McGarity, you spent many years in Gainesville, Florida and you still do not understand how to act or produce as a Athletic Director. Foley was a leader. You are where you are because Mahogany Row needed you to do "exactly" what you did in Florida. Leadership, do not think you were hired for that reason.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds