Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

7 years 9 months ago #73836 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

The heat continues here in the Classic City.

Severing up a BPS light this week… aka cold plates…nobody wants near a hot stove..

Welcome Mr. Demery glad you are coming to Athens to play football.
Monster Left Tackle ….. Takes a little sting away from losing the last
one to Ole Miss…. QB’s will love having have their blindside..

Buc I see that smile… no hiding as you and others have been posting CSP is building a monster OL both in size and talent….add quality depth as the third and might be the most important point….fresh OL will raise havoc in killing the clock in the fourth quarter on a tired whipped DL..

We have had an outstanding recruiting year for 2016…. And the best is yet to come…..line forming to the left to play for the Dawgs…yes it’s getting crowed ….many want…say again want to play for the Dawgs… first choice not a afterthought…..love it…

I am on board with those who feel we can make some noise in 2016….
These you pups get some confidence….watch out…loads of talent and more arriving …… future may be now and going forward….

I am going to go join Georgia under the AC vent…must be me being a year older…heat is hammering this old seasoned citizen…

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago #73837 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
yd1, beginning to believe that changes have been made.

So much can be said, and much has been said.

yankeedawg1, might be wrong, it is however "early".

I believe the young men on campus right now are going to be a "reward" to those of us that look to the "future".

I believe that our offensive line is going to be more than some think they might be, meaning not up to "snuff". Do not buy that.

2016 is a damn good group of players, never will I sell this group out.

Smart and Company have to be "licking their chops" reading what the media has to say.

I sincerely believe this is a "bad bunch" of "bad ass college players".

You know my thoughts on #55, we will see.

Go Dawgs :)

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73838 by Buc
Will continue to say "I Believe".

Not a term that I have used forever.

There are some young men that need to get their head out of their butts and play the game the way they promised.

Do not normally do this, but . . . . this young man was blessed with incredible talent, one problem . . . . he liked himself more than he liked those around him. So sad.

www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/...o_carter_908852.html

More
7 years 9 months ago #73844 by Buc
yd1, it interests me that this group of Dawgs (2016) will be coached by many new coaches. All of us know that many of the coaches teach many of the same techniques. But, many have their little book of teaching skills that many times can make an ordinary player a much better player.

Hoping that the recent f'ups by a few of the players stops with them. Summer can be a time for young men to get into things that should be off limits and actually are. Example of that is the Red Neck Riviera. Law enforcement can be hard to deal with, especially when young folks full of piss and vinegar forget they are in a "different place". A lot of money changes hands in the Panhandle from now until folks return in the Fall. Courts are very strict, and let's facet it, money makes the world go around.

We have chatted a time or two about those that want to play on Saturdays need to look closely at spending a large portion of the Summer in Athens. Bet this . . . . Smart and Company know who is and is not working hard for the right to play between the Hedges in 2016. I refer to it as the "Pruitt Principle". The way you practice determines whether or not you play.

Hard to tell teenagers and a little beyond that age that there are many years ahead to do some different things. Football scholarship requires "some" discipline.

More
7 years 9 months ago #73847 by Buc
Believe many of us on this board think there is more to come.

Some of the players in Athens are saying so, along with some of the commits for 2017.

Also believe if UGA ends up in the top five or so, with the group of coaches now in Athens, no doubt about winning some of the "Big Games" that have escaped us recently. Recently . . . . several years if we are counting and recording just who we have beaten to show 9/10 win records. We know and understand what some, like myself like to refer to as "water over the bridge".

247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Compo..._campaign=CommitList

More
7 years 9 months ago #73852 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
YD1, the heat with the humidity... whew.

Everybody is on vacation here at the board. Still out there reading, just less frequent. Enjoy the summer because we got work to do starting in August. :woohoo:

Blue skies... I am still feeling it. ;)

Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds